Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Athena53
I'm really surprised no one has come up with WRY-PPW in the Orkneys (Westray to Papa Westray)- I did a search of "Orkney" and "Westray" in the thread. World's shortest scheduled airline flight at 2 minutes, in April 2005. We even got certificates for the occasion!
Probably because LOTS of Flyertalkers have done it for the novelty--this is for routes NO Flyertalker has done
Old May 26, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've added a few more interesting routes recently that I'm curious if anybody else has flown:

URC-ASB on CZ
EVN-TBS on A9
FRU-ALA on KC
TSE-MSQ on B2
MSQ-IEV on B2
ADD-MCT on ET
Old May 30, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Too many to list
LAX-CGK-GNS
  • Nias Island in Indonesia. Got to sleep in a monastery and villages where they have never seen a white guy before.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I just thought of another one that I've done that I'm not sure any others have done. DXB-SLL on flydubai
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
These are the only two that come to mind that are maybe not that common, but I'd still be surprised if no one else on FT ever flew:

DAY-CVG
ATL-MCN

Both on some DL regional jet. DAY route was discontinued several years ago but for a time I seemed to be on it quite a bit - DAY is home.

Not sure if the MCN route still exists - I think it was around 2004 when I flew it for a work trip to Macon. I can't recall why we were booked to MCN instead of driving from ATL which would have actually been faster. IIRC we had an admin assistant booking travel then and she tended to not put any common sense into whatever default response the computer initially spit out for the closest airport, so maybe that was why. It was actually kinda fun though, at MCN I think the same 18 year old kid unloaded the luggage, checked in passengers, etc. and the security screening checkpoint was staffed by two people, one of whom was a sheriff's deputy who came out to the airport just for the once or twice a day departures. Somehow my luggage was lost for 24 hours on that trip (had to check a bag due to some work stuff).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by 84fiero
... maybe not that common, but I'd still be surprised if no one else on FT ever flew:

DAY-CVG
ATL-MCN

Both on some DL regional jet. DAY route was discontinued several years ago but for a time I seemed to be on it quite a bit - DAY is home.
DAY-CVG 8x, CVG-DAY 5x

anyone with CLE<—>MFD (Mansfield OH)? Fischer Brothers Aviation (Allegheny Commuter), Dec 1975
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767

DAY-CVG 8x, CVG-DAY 5x

anyone with CLE<—>MFD (Mansfield OH)? Fischer Brothers Aviation (Allegheny Commuter), Dec 1975
Ah, I'd been thinking more exotic routes. I was born and raised in Ohio; first flight ever was CMH (Columbus) to CAK (Canton_Akron) in 1968 or so on good old Allegheny Airlines. Now you get routed through DTW, ORD or DCA.

I also took nonstops between CAK and IND around 1974. This now requires a connection in ORD, ATL, CLT or DTW.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I have a few sectors that are a bit uncommon..

Feb 2017 Sheridan, Wyo --> Riverton, Wyo --> DENVER with Key Lime Air/Denver Air Connection on the unusual Fairchild Dornier 328JET.
(great flight)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I think this is the only thread in all of FT where I don't know most of the IATA airport codes mentioned (mainly regarding the third world country ones, that is).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I've done NBO-BKK, which was my only offer for what would be rare for a flyertalker...

Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, here's a couple legs that maybe no one here has done...

PBH-GAY
GAY-DAC

Also perhaps

BKK-CCU
BKK-NBO
CCU-PBH
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:48 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Has anyone else flown Turkmenistan Airlines (T5) FRA-ASB?

Haven't seen anyone claim my other entry to this thread from a few years ago Laos Airlines (QV) LPQ-HAN.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Haven't seen anyone claim my other entry to this thread from a few years ago Laos Airlines (QV) LPQ-HAN.
Honestly, I already lost track reading through the first several pages of this thread.

Too bad someone didn't start a wiki to keep track and check off routes to negate entries.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Trd-mjf
tiz-mxh
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by jrl767
Wow that's cool, I never knew there had been commercial service to MFD! But I used to fly in and out of MFD when I was training for private pilot license from the nearby town of Bucyrus in the early 1990s. Logged quite a few touch-and-goes there in fact and at least at the time, it was the nearest field with a control tower so it gave me that practice, too.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:47 pm
X31

YWG-ICN on a 787
That was after a medical diversion on the way from YYZ to ICN on an AC flight though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.