Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Busiest flight corridors

Busiest flight corridors

Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Without looking, I would have guessed that the area over New York City is the busiest air corridor in the world.
From an Economist article on last year's figures:

"(Amadeus) measures the cities where passengers start and finish their journeys, so while the busiest actual flight corridor in America is New York-Chicago, it only counts as the third-busiest American route because many of the passengers are connecting to other destinations. It comes just behind New York-Fort Lauderdale (3.1m) and New York-Los Angeles (3m)."

Originally Posted by will2288
Not bad for an island with just under 600,000 people.
"JEJU, on the South Korean island of the same name, is not one of the country's 20 biggest cities. Yet the island's allure as a domestic tourist destination resulted in 9.9m passengers flying between Seoul and Jeju (in either direction) in 2011."

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph.../daily-chart-8
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by to25sw
Could you post the link to that article. Thanks!
http://bit.ly/Ye0y7w
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Independent
a) Two well connected cities but separated by water, thus most passengers haev to fly, and b) from one large city with few international connections to another with many more options. Does the data reflect passengers who may fly one airline on one leg of the journey, but another for there longer leg?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:51 pm

I spent a year living in Jeju and it was nuts how easy (and cheap) it was to fly back and forth to the mainland. I think I made the trip seven or eight times, sometimes just so I could go shopping or dancing. Not at all surprised that the route topped the list.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.