Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is your guilty pleasure when Flying/Traveling?

Old Jun 17, 13, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
cinnabon is a must in the airport before morning flights.
Old Jun 21, 13, 7:05 am

Udon Soup at the Ana *g lounge at nrt. I have transited nrt just to go there instead of say directly flying to kix or itm.
Old Jun 21, 13, 7:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It used to be Spiced Orange flavour Fisherman's Friends.

Glad I got over that one.
Old Jun 21, 13, 8:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Celebrity magazines for any flight. Trashy TV shows from BRAVO or Style for watching on my iPad on longer flights. Cocktails before lunch for leisure trips

I also have a thing for Chex Mix in flight. If I am super prepared I will bring it from home, but I usually just buy it at the airport when I purchase my magazines.
Old Jun 21, 13, 9:21 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
On business trips my guilty pleasure is access to three things I don't have access to at home: premium cable, the thermostat, and more than 1/3 of the bed (we have pets).

It's not technically my guilty pleasure because I buy it on the way home to give to my family, but I, too, find the siren scent of the popcorn at ORD to be irresistible.
Old Jun 21, 13, 1:15 pm

Having a wine during connection times (or even on the flight) even if it is the middle of the day. "Helps me sleep" on the flight.
Old Jun 21, 13, 10:43 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Tri-State Turducken, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by stut View Post
It used to be Spiced Orange flavour Fisherman's Friends.

Glad I got over that one.
Whenever I'm in Jakarta, I pick up a different flavor of Fisherman's Friend. My favorite is still standard issue mint (the green/white striped bag), and it's probably sold in NY, but I neglect to look each time. Instead, it waits for me at a Plaza Indonesia Guardian outlet.
Old Jun 21, 13, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Peanut M&M's, a smoothie, depending on the airport.

Movies on the plane (I rarely, if ever, watch movies at home). Particularly foreign films, and right now, Bollywood movies are my fave!

Hot breakfasts (I always eat yogurt and fruit at home).
Old Jun 22, 13, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ice Cream. I rarely eat ice cream at home but will look for it, especially local shops (like Humphry Slocombe in SF) and pig out. I like to think that my additional physical activity while traveling will take care of the additional calories from the treat.

Cheers,
Pogopossum
Old Jun 22, 13, 2:57 pm

Every single time I fly, almost without fail, I seem to purchase an overpriced book from one of the shops in the airport. Also, another guilty pleasure is grabbing one of the Starbucks frappuccinos that I almost never get outside the airport.
Old Jun 22, 13, 4:31 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Xanax.. I was given it because I am a nervous flyer but it sure helps remove all the stress and tension in my life. I know it can be addictive and its effectiveness decreases the more you take it so I only use it on flt days.
Old Jun 22, 13, 7:00 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
I always grab a box of Biscoff cookies the day before any trip. I love the taste of the cookies. It also calms me down if I'm stressing out while at the airport. I've eaten them since my first flight as a kid.

So I guess it takes me back to the magic of flying as a child and calms me.
Old Jun 22, 13, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by br3nt View Post
Every single time I fly, almost without fail, I seem to purchase an overpriced book from one of the shops in the airport. Also, another guilty pleasure is grabbing one of the Starbucks frappuccinos that I almost never get outside the airport.
This one hits home. Half the time I do this, it's because I'm partway through a trip and worried I'll run out of reading material. And half the time, I take the new book home unread, which is not cool, because then I've hauled it around and paid top price for it (I generally buy used).
Old Jun 22, 13, 8:41 pm

Yep we need more of dunkin donuts everywhere, they're good.

Usually guilty pleasure is about eating fastfood in airport(s) and/or have an overpriced coffee and sandwich
Old Jun 24, 13, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Brown
The best thing about flying is that it is now one of the very few times where it is still socially acceptable to have a a few drinks then a sleep during the working day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: