Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What was the weirdest thing you took aboard as a carry-on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was the weirdest thing you took aboard as a carry-on?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
A cardboard box filled with Costco-size bags of ketchup chips. To Japan, for a expat friend. Apparently you can't get that flavour in Japan. Japanese customs had me open the box to confirm its contents.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by eigenvector
A cardboard box filled with Costco-size bags of ketchup chips. To Japan, for a expat friend. Apparently you can't get that flavour in Japan. Japanese customs had me open the box to confirm its contents.
That one is interesting, all my US friends are horrified when I mention we have ketchup crisps here, I will need to tell them that costco sell them.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, RC STARS, MO FAN Club, Dorchester Diamond
A lulav, which is used over the Jewish Holiday of Sukkot.

Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
A furry body pillow.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:16 pm

20+ years ago I had a aircraft propeller hub that I needed to get from NY to the west coast. I did not want to check it so took it as a carry on. It weighed about 100+ lbs, built a rope harness so I could carry it onboard. I was able to put it on the floor. I was not bothered by security or the airline. I think the carrier was either delta or nw. Now can't believe I did this, wish I had pictures
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A huge cooler filled with tamales and 200 oz of milk. An orange tree. A ceramic pot for the orange tree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.