Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Who actually takes a bath in a hotel bathtub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP

I am sitting in a nice suite at the Sheraton Times Square. The bathroom is beautifully furnished with double sinks, a large walk-in shower, and a separate tub. That begged me to ponder the question.... Who the heck takes a bath at a hotel?

Yea... You may have kids. Yea you may have a special curcumstancw, but in reality, I wonder what the percentages are. I'm thinking less that 2% of people take a bath. I never have and never would for fear if duck rash or something worse.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:27 pm
Suspended

I do if Ive been hiking or something like that all day. But even if I dont I much prefer showering in a tub then in a stand up shower

Worse is I was heading down to use the hot tub where I was staying last night, as I entered the pool area 4 guys were getting out of the jaccuzi, 1 already out was collecting what looked like a few 6-packs of empty cans and bottles. I looked at the jaccuzi and turned right around and took a bath instead
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

My feet.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:29 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We always intend to on vacation. In reality, has happened only once. That said, we tend to book villas with private pools, anyway.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:10 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I would think that the bed would be must less sanitary than the tub. At least the bathtubs are scrubbed down regularly.

As for baths. I do bathe in the tub.

But, as hotels re-model, it looks like the tub's days are numbered.

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/opera...-the-hotel-tub
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:15 pm

17% of people take baths. and while we're at it almost half of Americans pee in the shower according to some statistics.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
17%??? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That??
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I never do - but I like looking at a nice, clean bathtub in a hotel room. W's generally have great ones.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The only hotel where I take baths regularly is at the Andaz Wall Street (and only when I am upgraded to the Andaz Suite). The tube is more like a soaking tube so is pretty big.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:54 pm

Never take a shower if a tub is available! If there can't be both, I like the European arrangement with good size deep tub with a hand held shower on a wall mount and I like that they use a glass door that only encloses half the tub.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
My kids do. Every trip. In fact, we won't stay in a hotel that only has showers (Aloft).
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:21 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I sometimes use a tub when the tub is deep enough and there is a separate shower, especially at some beach/ski resort hotels.
Som tub have TV or big view window.

I do not use it at city/airport hotels.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I use the bath occasionally, with the same frequency that I use my own at home. I always run my hand over it to check that it has been scrubbed clean before using it. Yes, I know, that doesn't check for germs, etc., but it is a basic check.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:38 pm

Whitney Houston took baths...
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by FoxCrane
Whitney Houston took baths...
At a Hilton. This thread has nothing to do with Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.