Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Are You Most Annoyed About on Your Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by KurtOlsson
... parents who don't tell their little princes and princesses to stop kicking the back of my seat.
Absolutely. Plus the guy who once changed his child's nappy (diaper) whilst sat IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CABIN and put the soiled item in a carrier bag and put it on the vacant seat next to me.

Airlines that lie to their customers (or maybe it was just coincidence that Easyjet had 4 planes struck by lightning within 15 minutes a couple of years ago at MUC).

150ml cans of soft drinks - too small.

Having to get the bus to the terminal when on the flight out it was OK to walk to the same stand.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro, LT Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
Gate lice. I mean really, is it that hard to look at the number on your boarding pass and board only when your boarding group is called as opposed to clogging up the line?
And parents who don't tell their little princes and princesses to stop kicking the back of my seat.
+ 1 on these.
RC
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Platinum, HP Diamond
Originally Posted by Sopwith:20346947
Nothing to do with enforcement, and everything to do with charging for checked bags, inept and incompetent handling of checked bags, and cramming the rows so close together there are simply not enough cubic inches under a seat for a bag and two feet.
I guess there is a point to that. But keep in mind one is not getting over on the airline by stowing two items in overhead, but instead getting over on other passengers who now have to gate check bags, and potentially experience the ineptitude of the airlines way of bag handling. This would be classified by most reasonable people as inconsiderate.

Just something about "I don't like the way airlines do things. Therefore I am going to stick it to my fellow passengers." that kind of bugs.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by backprop
Anyone who tries to cheat - whether it's bending rules (putting two bags in the overhead and none underneath seat, on a full flight), or taking a seat that's not theirs, or spreading out and encroaching on others - basically any form of 'unjust enrichment.'
This is at top of list.
Number two is the " rolling delay " mentioned above. The flight is delayed 20 minutes 6 times!

They tell you there is no more overhead space , so you check your bag only to find the whole over head compartment is empty! Thanks US Air !

Sick Passengers! Gawd! I know why they fly sick - because they have a non-refundable ticket. But,it affects other pax. I caught a cold/flu last month after a trip.
The boarding process. What happened to boarding the pax @ the rear of the plane first? You have someone trying to stuff a steamer trunk in the over head bin in the front while the back is empty.
BW
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by backprop
Anyone who tries to cheat - whether it's bending rules (putting two bags in the overhead and none underneath seat, on a full flight), or taking a seat that's not theirs, or spreading out and encroaching on others - basically any form of 'unjust enrichment.'
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
One word: Rudeness

Be it by an employee or fellow passenger..
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Annoyed if the plane has no staircase.
Another +1 on this. And parents who don't tell their little princes and princesses to stop kicking the back of my seat.
Regional jet flights, particularly E145, CRJ200, CRJ700 flights over 1.5 hours, including time on tarmac.

And smells ... yesterday sat in F for 2.5 hours next to gentleman who reeked of garlicky sausage spices.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Gate lice. I mean really, is it that hard to look at the number on your boarding pass and board only when your boarding group is called as opposed to clogging up the line?
I agree with that one. But it brings me to a pet peeve of mine: public announcements (such as the ones about who ought to be boarding) that are either incomprehensible or not loud enough to be heard by most passengers. Sometimes it is no wonder that people don't do what they are told, since they can't hear the instructions. Recently (in Italy) most of the passengers were, I am sure, unaware that an announcement about which rows could board had been made. I was aware of it only because I happened to be standing three feet away from the person who made the announcement. Even so, I could understand neither the English version nor the Italian version. So it was all a complete waste of time.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Screaming babies/kids and their incompetent/indifferent parents.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:00 am

*Seat Kicking
*Sick/Unsanitary Passengers
*Passengers that are rude to flight attendants
*Flight attendants that are rude to passengers
*Rude passengers, period
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
The deplaning process. I hate the people who block the aisle thinking it's polite to let every person in every row ahead of them saunter out before they walk forward.

Here's the rule: If you have your bags in your hand and you're in the aisle ready to deplane, and there's nobody in front of you (even if some of those people in those rows are still collecting their things), START WALKING. This frees up the aisle behind you, which allows more people to clear their rows and collect their things at the same time, which speeds up the deplaning process.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
The deplaning process. I hate the people who block the aisle thinking it's polite to let every person in every row ahead of them saunter out before they walk forward.

Here's the rule: If you have your bags in your hand and you're in the aisle ready to deplane, and there's nobody in front of you (even if some of those people in those rows are still collecting their things), START WALKING. This frees up the aisle behind you, which allows more people to clear their rows and collect their things at the same time, which speeds up the deplaning process.
When does that ever happen though? Personally, I think people that feel the need to rush the aisle or in one instance, ask people to move out of his way so he could get farther up the aisle, are rude.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Platinum, HP Diamond
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg:20358183
When does that ever happen though? Personally, I think people that feel the need to rush the aisle or in one instance, ask people to move out of his way so he could get farther up the aisle, are rude.
I pretty much agree with this. Unless you have a tight connection, there is no reason to rush up the line and cut off people in the rows in front of you just because they did not bounce out of their seat the millisecond the seatbelt light went off. Life must be miserable for people in such a hurry all the time.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
What irks me the most is when people bring their dogs on board with fake 'service dog' vest. They are easy to spot. The old lady with a LV bag with a 7 pound dog. I do not want you pet near me or anywhere close to me and don't assume I like your dog. I have a dog at home. I love dogs just not yours.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:03 pm

I was on a long TPAC flight in Y and the person next to me could not stop shaking his leg, even while he was sleeping. I told him several times, but maybe it wasn't something he could control. Could not sleep at all on the flight.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
That is called having manners to another human being. I agree with you,but there is not that much space in the aisle.

Originally Posted by y2k1jetta
What irks me the most is when people bring their dogs on board with fake 'service dog' vest. They are easy to spot.
They sure are easy to spot,but you can always point it out to the airline and ask if they have documentation that they are a service dog/pet.

But then again,service dog has many categories,not for the deaf or blind anymore.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:55 am
Suspended

Ma and Pa Kettle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.