Wiki Posts
Search

Feet on the headrest

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Angry Feet on the headrest

On Valentine's day I was flying EWR-SAN on UA and constantly felt someone banging on my seat back. I patiently waited for the banging to stop but it continued on. When I looked back, the lady behind me had her feet on my headrest. I politely asked her to put her feet down and she simply slid them on the seat next to me. Thinking now the banging would stop, but she constantly moved her feet up and down and bumped into my seat back and forth.

I let it continue for a few minutes and then pressed the FA call button. The FA came and I explained the issue and he asked the lady to put her feet down. She put her feet down and as soon as the FA left, she banged into my seat and then put her feet up.

Soon a different FA walked by and noticed her feet on the headrest and asked her to put her feet down and she replied that she just came back from Europe and she is tired and this is the only way she can stretch. The FA said that she can walk the aisle and she refused. Then a third FA came and asked her to put her feet down and she said that she had a medical condition and this is the only way she could get comfort. After that the FA's didnt bother her.

I had to deal with this for the entire flight. Here you go...

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'm surprised the heaving banging didn't cause your drink to fly over the seat onto her.

You might have tried embarrassing her with loud complaints, but she sounds like she has no shame at all.

Were there any empty seats you could have moved to?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I'm surprised the heaving banging didn't cause your drink to fly over the seat onto her.

You might have tried embarrassing her with loud complaints, but she sounds like she has no shame at all.

Were there any empty seats you could have moved to?
I think the only two seats were the one next to me and the one next to her. She had her feet up and down constantly, sometimes with shoes, sometimes without shoes. I knew it was bad when I started feeling that pax around me were looking at me with pity.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:20 pm

I'm surprised nobody tried to verify her medication BS.

She got away with telling lies to 3 FA's, now that is really sad.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
You should have stood up whilst holding a full drink then accidentally sneezed and thrown it all over her feet. Or developed a tic involving random punching motions.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Hmm. At that angle I think putting your seat all the way back would have an interesting effect. Of course, you'd have a medical condition that meant you wouldn't be able to do it slowly or carefully.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle
Feet on the headrest

Brutal. I would have to agree my drink might have spilled backwards while I sneezed. Allergic to her wool socks.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Dont forget the aroma of those socks after 24 hours of travel was also very refreshing.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P
That is the most obnoxious thing I have ever heard. Well, the most obnoxious thing I've heard TODAY, anyway.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Should have rolled up a magazine and started fanning above your head/seat claiming that it was the only way you could get comfort.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:13 pm

Oh my, poor you. Whenever I go for a travel, I would like to enjoy every bit of it but if this have happened to me, it'll ruin everything.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:03 pm

Such a person sitting behind me would have found herself being poked in the foot with a writing implement. I like to do crosswords on planes. I also like to stretch after sitting for a while. I don't generally bother to put the pen down while doing so. Oops!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
I can tell by the pics she was probably fat and short. Recline the seat next time and make a scene.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Feet on the headrest

That is horrific. I hate pestering FAs, but for this, I would have made an exception. Absolutely ridiculous. Even if she truly had a medical problem, the FAs should have accommodated her or you.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Originally Posted by y2k1jetta
I can tell by the pics she was probably fat and short.
1) How can you tell?
2) Why should it matter?

Anyway, obviously the correct response would have been for the OP to politely ask her to remove her socks so that s/he could play "this little piggy" with her toes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.