Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorsport Tourism?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Funky Spike
These guys are probably one of the best for your campsite ticket http://lemansrace.com/accommodation/...mans-24-hours/

This lot will rent you an RV for the week and position it for you and take it away after the race http://www.jcmotorhomes.com

My experience of a motorhome at Le Mans is nearly 30 years ago now so not really relevant and the facilities for campers have changed so much since I first went in '85.

Spike
Spike - great leads! Just what I needed.
Thanks a ton.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

Exicited to be going to a completely new circuit this month. A street race around Newcastle NSW. I've enjoyed the Australian V8's when I've seen them in Melbourne and Surfers Paradise (back when Indy/Champ Cars went there), need to bring myself up to speed with what's been going on in the championship before going.
I had an invite to go to Abu Dhabi for the F1 finale on the same weekend but decided on Newcastle mainly because I'll get to see some mates I've not seen since Melbourne in March.
Anyone else going to Newcastle or Abu Dhabi? An insight on the latter would be useful as I wouldn't mind going next year.

Spike
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:04 am

Awesome - another Supercars fan!

Newcastle is pretty easy - only 2 hours away from Sydney. There's an airport in Williamtown but I'd recommend flying into SYD and driving.

Championship wise, it's between Whincup (Red Bull) and McLaughlin (Shell V-Power). DJR Team Penske (Shell V-Power) really stepped it up this year with their new technical director Ludo Lacroix (who switched from Red Bull where he was for 15 or so years... was all the buzz during the off season). Will be cheering for Scotty's first championship...
Funky Spike likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: Iberia
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!
Good thing it was resurrected or I might never have seen it.

I'm a mototourist with a growing addiction. Been going to Laguna Seca every year since 2004 for MotoGP and now WSBK. In 2016 a last minute opportunity came up (due to cancellation of other vacation plans) for me to experience racing at one of the Euro tracks so I headed to Jerez for WSBK. This year it was Laguna Seca and Portimao for WSBK. Plans for 2018 already in place for WSBK at Laguna Seca and Imola. Woo Hoo!

Bucket list in the future are to go to Valencia and Mugello for MotoGP, IOM, and maybe an F1 (went to Long Beach twice back in the 1970s when I was in 4th & 5th grade).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spotbeagle
Good thing it was resurrected or I might never have seen it.

I'm a mototourist with a growing addiction. Been going to Laguna Seca every year since 2004 for MotoGP and now WSBK. In 2016 a last minute opportunity came up (due to cancellation of other vacation plans) for me to experience racing at one of the Euro tracks so I headed to Jerez for WSBK. This year it was Laguna Seca and Portimao for WSBK. Plans for 2018 already in place for WSBK at Laguna Seca and Imola. Woo Hoo!

Bucket list in the future are to go to Valencia and Mugello for MotoGP, IOM, and maybe an F1 (went to Long Beach twice back in the 1970s when I was in 4th & 5th grade).
My husband (Dr WCRHKD) volunteers in the medical building at Laguna Seca for SCRAMP. Let me know if you ever want tickets! I'm not really much of a car fan, but I thoroughly enjoy the races.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: Iberia
Originally Posted by wcrhkd
My husband (Dr WCRHKD) volunteers in the medical building at Laguna Seca for SCRAMP. Let me know if you ever want tickets! I'm not really much of a car fan, but I thoroughly enjoy the races.
That is very cool. Thanks for the offer of tickets - I called in my renewal (Suite 2) for 2018 WSBK last week.
wcrhkd likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Awesome - another Supercars fan!

Newcastle is pretty easy - only 2 hours away from Sydney. There's an airport in Williamtown but I'd recommend flying into SYD and driving.

Championship wise, it's between Whincup (Red Bull) and McLaughlin (Shell V-Power). DJR Team Penske (Shell V-Power) really stepped it up this year with their new technical director Ludo Lacroix (who switched from Red Bull where he was for 15 or so years... was all the buzz during the off season). Will be cheering for Scotty's first championship...
So glad I went, what a dramatic last race! Scotty was a bit unfortunate with penalties I'm still not sure he should have got one for the move on Lowndes.

Spike
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:26 am

So glad I went, what a dramatic last race! Scotty was a bit unfortunate with penalties I'm still not sure he should have got one for the move on Lowndes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tRuiyCMLw

Spike
I can't tell you how I much I still am upset that Scotty McLaughlin lost
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:05 pm

Anyone headed to the US GP this weekend?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:23 pm

Talking BCN, bonus F1

Was set on going to Barcelona, specifically Circuit de Catalunya for a 3 day thing for the F1 race there last year. Ended up planning an air bnb for a full 10 days - 3 days for the f1 race and ~6 days for tourist things. Was a great idea, as a friend of mine flew form Newark, NJ and both of us, being photographers....we had our cameras, bazooooka lenses and cellphone cameras in tote.

Hope to make it to europe in the future to attend king of drift....but now to decide which city to actually visit....any suggestmentationments? 8)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Just a bump on this.

Calendar for this year.
Monaco F1
Ferrari Clienti Days

Plus my racing. Getting busy again.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Plus my racing. Getting busy again.
Thread outsider here. What category do you race in?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

All I've got so far us the US GP and a IMSA race on a weekend I just happen to be in Toronto. Probably heading up to VIR for my birthday as well. Might as well celebrate with race cars.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Cool thread. I dont travel to watch but I have traveled to race/attended high performance driving events. Not terribily far yet, but i would like to run the tracks at Leguna Seca, Watkins Glen, and Lime Rock...and maybe Race America. I love Mid Ohio and technical tracks :-)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Credit Cards
WOW! Surprised to see this thread still going.

Volunteered in my 16th country last year: South Africa... And my 50th race track: Kyalami

Only signed up for two events this year working in pit Lane for WEC at COTA and Sebring.

Hoping to make Vietnam country 17 if I get accepted.

--Russ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.