Best tourist attractions in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best tourist attractions in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Masaya Volcano National Park in Nicaragua. You can drive right up to an active volcano crater and then go on a series of hiking trails around it. It costs about $4 to get in and it's absolutely stunning.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:15 am

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to make a trip there.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Victoria Peak (Hong Kong; clear day only)

Ephesus (Turkey)

Saklikent Gorge (Turkey)

Turquoise coast (Turkey)

Mt. Rainier National Park (esp. Sunrise entrance)

Lauterbrunnen Valley (Switzerland)

Carlsbad Caverns
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:01 am
Suspended

Paris is one of the most tourist attractive place in the world which offers the perfect mixture of history, culture, architecture, museums, galleries, restaurants, cafes and bars. I visited last year to Paris in my last summer vacations and enjoyed a lot there. I think it is the best place to visit in summer.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:48 am

Smile Tourism

There are plenty of tourist attractions where I have personally been in countries such as Italy, both summertime, and wintertime, France, Greece. Croatia, as in general Europe is full of must-see places.
I should also mention Romania and Denmark here, as I am Romanian but currently living in Denmark. In Romania, you can visit the main cities where you can admire the architecture of the main landmarks, plenty of sightseeing as there are beautiful landscapes as there are mountains, fields, hills, lakes, rivers, and The Black Sea. Denmark is pretty much flat but it has great sightseeing and it is all surrounded by the sea, it has a great history behind being the land where the Vikings have once lived in.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Berlin Lakes!

My number one attraction that I always advise is the Berlin Lakes.

Went there on a cycling trip last March and it was incredible. Was a long week excursion and discovered loads of little scenic routes and spots to eat.

I personally love exploring lakes so probably a tad bias but it really was special. Love cycling holidays and this is top of my recommendations.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I just got back from a Norwegian fjords cruise. Pretty impressive!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:30 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I just got back from a Norwegian fjords cruise. Pretty impressive!
I had a small road trip in Norway and I can second this statement.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: Too many to list
Snowmobile tour in Iceland
Krakatoa volcano in Indonesia
Trans Siberian Rail in Russia
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Nick Art

I had a small road trip in Norway and I can second this statement.
Ditto here. I'll be back.
BTW, The Fellowship of Ghosts, by Paul Watkins. Excellent Norway adventure.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:45 pm

My top 10:
Machu Picchu, Peru; Petra. Jordan; Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; Registan, Samarkand, Uzbekistan; Luang Prabang, Laos; Corcovado, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Amalfi Coast, Italy; Angkor temples, Cambodia; Bernina Pass, Switzerland.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Glad you bumped this. Seems like a thread that we should keep current!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lynnfoy
Paris is one of the most tourist attractive place in the world which offers the perfect mixture of history, culture, architecture, museums, galleries, restaurants, cafes and bars. I visited last year to Paris in my last summer vacations and enjoyed a lot there. I think it is the best place to visit in summer.
We've taken to enjoying Paris in the depths of winter. The darker, colder, wetter, and more imposing to other tourists the better.

Since we're coming from Kansas, whatever weather Paris has to offer is better than at home. Bring a medium-weight jacket and light raingear and you're good. The city doesn't close down, so you can still do everything you want with 1/10th the crowds.

I love Europe in the summer too, but tend to stay away from the major cities that attract huge throngs of international visitors. Would rather go to rural Scotland or Ireland, or maybe down into Slovenia and Croatia (avoiding cruise ports, of course). Late-night sunsets at a seafront pub garden in Ireland are pretty nice.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
A few gems which come to mind, out of many...

Renting a traditional wooden summer cottage by a lake in Finland, complete with sauna and hot tub (just came back from doing this).

Hiking anywhere in Switzerland in summer, especially the Jungfrau Region. The selfie stick toting tourists and tour groups mostly come to see the Jungfraujoch and a few other "well known" things which are accessible by bus or car. If you go hiking instead, you won't feel the suffocating crush of summer tourism - only the beauty of the Swiss mountains and countryside.

QC Termemilano in Milan. Bathing in the midst of 16th century and Roman era ruins, with free-flowing aperitivo snacks and drinks included between 7 and 9pm. A nice place to escape the crowds of the Duomo and Galleria. In fact, that entire neighbourhood of Milan (Porta Romana) is absolutely lovely, with great restaurants, bakeries, bars etc.

Bologna, Italy. I just spent a week here this month and loved it. It didn't feel tourist-infested, even at the height of summer, and its network of porticoes make it very bearable even in the summer heat. It also happens to be one of the food capitals of Italy. A great place to get a more authentic experience of Italy. I enjoyed it much more than nearby Florence.

The spas of Budapest. I don't think these need any introduction...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by pinniped
We've taken to enjoying Paris in the depths of winter. The darker, colder, wetter, and more imposing to other tourists the better.
Couldn't agree with you more. I was shocked at how empty Paris felt the week I spent in Paris last December. I only had one prior summer visit to compare it to, but it was night and day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.