Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

23 Hour Flight: Strategies for Survival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

23 Hour Flight: Strategies for Survival?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Take the boat. Seriously, I'd rather swim the Pacific than suffer it in slum class. If it was a private trip, and my current account didn't support a premium cabin ticket, I'd rather stay at home. Watching paint dry.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:47 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Get cosy with the Venetian. Sheldon Adelson has 2 - 747's with 6 bedrooms on each. These are used for travel from LAS-SIN. Because they are private aircraft they have a limit of 50 pass. The ultimate in private travel, second only to AF 1.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:58 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TWA A380
My worse was an overnight ferry followed by waiting an entire day walking around in Africa with no hotel room to rest followed by a red eye flight followed by a transatlantic flight and a connecting flight. I did not sleep in a bed for about 3 days.
Would you consider pavement with a sheet over it a bed? If not, I never sleep in beds in China...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:00 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I was on UA803 quite recently; if it's the 777 "premium" aircraft, each seat has AVOD, but no power point/USB connection. Whether the tvs work or not, well, maybe that'll be the next auxiliary charge...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Get cosy with the Venetian. Sheldon Adelson has 2 - 747's with 6 bedrooms on each. These are used for travel from LAS-SIN. Because they are private aircraft they have a limit of 50 pass. The ultimate in private travel, second only to AF 1.
/thread

I mean, I'd do this only if I could get an F seat on United from IAD to LAS of course. If I could only get Y for that part, I'd stay home.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by pinniped
/thread

I mean, I'd do this only if I could get an F seat on United from IAD to LAS of course. If I could only get Y for that part, I'd stay home.
and watch paint dry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.