Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is your shortest commercial flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I recently flew FLN-DTW (connecting to PHL), total elapsed time wheels up to wheels down was 11 minutes, it's the first time I've ever been on a flight where electronic devices couldn't be used at all (the pilot announced that we wouldn't be going higher then 6k feet). We spent more time on the tarmac at DTW then we did in the air. The funniest part was the guy flying AA out of FLN that needed to get to Detroit asking our gate agent if a seat was available (it was not), otherwise AA was paying for a taxi. From experience it's about an hour ride to DTW from FLN. I've flown many short flights before this (FLN-CLE, DTW-CLE, DTW-PLN) but this takes the cake. So FTers what is your shortest commercial airline flight?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt

Vancouver - Victoria.
8 mins in the air
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
TNG - GIB and CHA-ATL
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
TNG - GIB and CHA-ATL
What were your flight times?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Back when Republic was a functioning airline I seem to remember that my very first airplane flight on the way to Disneyworld in the late 70s involved GRR-LAN-DTW to start things off.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by egoods
I recently flew FLN-DTW (connecting to PHL), total elapsed time wheels up to wheels down was 11 minutes, it's the first time I've ever been on a flight where electronic devices couldn't be used at all (the pilot announced that we wouldn't be going higher then 6k feet). We spent more time on the tarmac at DTW then we did in the air. The funniest part was the guy flying AA out of FLN that needed to get to Detroit asking our gate agent if a seat was available (it was not), otherwise AA was paying for a taxi. From experience it's about an hour ride to DTW from FLN. I've flown many short flights before this (FLN-CLE, DTW-CLE, DTW-PLN) but this takes the cake. So FTers what is your shortest commercial airline flight?
17 min...ATL-TYS
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
PPT-MOZ

Barely a hop, skip, or jump.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by egoods
Do you mean Flint? FNT? FLN is in Brazil.

My first ever Elite upgrade was FNT-DTW on a DC9-30 a few years back
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

SXM-SBH, 8 miles.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:35 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
JRB-EWR

8 miles in 10 minutes. It's unfortunate that UH went under, but it was not surprising. I was one of 3 pax in 8 seats on a Thursday at 6pm when CO was selling code-shares for $69 o/w.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
LWS-PUW Horizon Air 26 miles
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LWS-PUW
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:52 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
NEV-SKB (as part of ANU-NEV-SKB), 11 miles.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:41 am
mee

DAR-ZNZ in 2005 - 45 miles, flight time was 10-15 mins (can't remember exactly)

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=dar-znz
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Back in college, I would fly out of GUC to DEN. From there, my shortest flight of 50 miles was DEN-FNL. Time was around 20 min. Return to college was the routing of FNL-DEN-GUC.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
MHH-TCB ~25 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.