Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Tips for airline bookings by smartphone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

In the 1990's, I made my first airline ticket purchase online. Today, I made my first by smartphone. It was a little slow. Tips? One I learned was to bookmark certain airline mobile websites.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I find that the "mobile" sites are better than the "apps". The third choice is going to the "Full HTML" sites with a smartphone.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:16 am

I made my first mobile purchase through the USAirways mobile site last week actually. Minus it being really annoying to enter my credit card number, it was a pretty nice experience.

A tip I'd say, but haven't been able to really use, is to try and use the mobile app if the airline has one. Usually the apps are faster and will get you the results you need quicker.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
I find that the "mobile" sites are better than the "apps".
Originally Posted by javacodeguy
try and use the mobile app if the airline has one. Usually the apps are faster and will get you the results you need quicker.
Which I believe is saying try every access you can, the full website, the mobile app, and the mobile website. Some will work better than others, and pick the one that works the best for you (don't assume because one works better at one airline it will be that way at all of them)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I find the UA app to be a quick and easy way to book flights.
I absolutely love that this is possible. Over the weekend, I was at dinner with friends when we decided to go to Bermuda for the New Year holiday.
We ordered wine, booked our flights on our iPhones, and had the process completed before the bottle came.
Delightful!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.