Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the cheapest international long-haul F you've ever seen?

Old Aug 10, 12, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD

Ok, so we all know mistake fares. If you have a good one (and hopefully we all know of the UA mistake already) that hasn't been talked about recently, pitch it, but otherwise let's keep this paid F.

So basically, I was just going through random Kayak and ITC searches and was finding some crazy expensive F fares which allows you to fly like 60 hours (total) in CX if for 45 grand.

Then, I thought to myself, what's the cheapest long-haul F that can be found. I personally am about to crash after a long day, but maybe FT has some ideas? Let's consider long-haul anything over 8 hours, so I wonder what's the cheapest paid F that FT has heard of, doesn't have to be live. By cheapest, I mean value/minute on plane or most of you would probably prefer cpm.

If anything like this has been done, sorry, just ignore my mini-rant.

Cheers,
Zoui21
Old Aug 10, 12, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
My first trip to Thailand was in 2005. We flew on Malaysian Airlines: EWR-BKK (Via Stockholm and connected in KUL.) Total cost with taxes was $802.00 PP.

I thought it was a great deal.

(OOPS--you said F. This was Y. Sorry about that.)
Old Aug 10, 12, 8:39 am

Programs: JL/JGC Diamond (OWE), AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, A3 *G, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
The most recent one in mind probably is KE First RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX for 250 bucks one way
Old Aug 10, 12, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did not see the F in the question
Old Aug 11, 12, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis View Post
The most recent one in mind probably is KE First RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX for 250 bucks one way
Woah, mistake or just crazy deal?
Old Aug 11, 12, 12:50 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
There's a thread for that on FlyerTalk.

I recently booked a one-way F on EK ATH-DXB-PEK for around $2,000 one-way. Given the quality of the F lounge in DXB and the A380 on the PEK segment, I found this to be a pretty good deal. I am sure that you could find a better one (not including mistake fares like the RGN extravaganza) if your only metric were cents-per-mile.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: