Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Number of Legs in a MR?

Number of Legs in a MR?

Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Number of Legs in a MR?

I figure it's pretty common to have one or two connections, but what are some of the longest strings of flights people have had? I was looking at a flight and the rt has seven? Two of the legs have the same flight number, but look to have different planes, so I'm not sure if that counts as one or two legs. ...and while I'm at it, if an airline schedules 30 minutes between flights, surely they think you can get off one airplane and get on another one in time. Right? Especially in Chicogo?? Just thinking that 30 minutes is awefully short. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by notallwhowander
I figure it's pretty common to have one or two connections, but what are some of the longest strings of flights people have had? I was looking at a flight and the rt has seven? Two of the legs have the same flight number, but look to have different planes, so I'm not sure if that counts as one or two legs. ...and while I'm at it, if an airline schedules 30 minutes between flights, surely they think you can get off one airplane and get on another one in time. Right? Especially in Chicogo?? Just thinking that 30 minutes is awefully short. Thanks.
My first and only MR was FRA-DFW-LAS-LAX-BOS-LAX-BOS.

Then I did a 3 days of BOS-LAX-BOs

Then I did BOS-LAX-ORD-FRA.

IIRC I has a very tight connection at LAS due to a ground at DFW. They closed the door on me as I entered the plane.

If you change planes, eve with the same flight number, you will get credit for a nonstop flight between your originating airport and your final destination.r
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
A 30-minute transfer is certainly possible in many locations. Same terminal and domestic to domestic in ORD, I would say fine. Hell, I've done a 1hour 15 minutes international to domestic at JFK changing from T4 to T2 once.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:51 am

Mrs. AB and I did a segment run a few years ago on US. Eight flights in a day. Total cost for each of us was $198 IIRC. Shortest connection was 30 minutes, longest was 60. The promo was double or triple segments through PHL and there was a challenge to Chairmen's. Six of the eight legs were in F, the other two were Express flights.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My best was a continuous PHX-ORD-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX-IAD-FRA-LHR-SFO-LAX-PHX booked on UA/LH in 2004. I remember watching the agent's eyes widen at LHR after BP after BP printed out

I only left the secure area once, during the first LAX arrival as I had maybe 7 hours between SFO-LAX and LAX-IAD so I stayed at the Marriott. That was in my younger days and the ticket cost something like $700 (in V Class too, a middle fare bucket).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.