Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to handle reimbursement issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

How to handle reimbursement issue?

We booked a trip using SkyiMiles for the flight and SPG points for the hotel...now wifes school states they will reimburse her for up to $750 of travel expenses. Hotel or flight only...The hotel room is about $300/night but I booked using the book 4 get the 5th night free so it would really only save me one night. And I'm being told the property has gone up in classes so it might change to the higher class savng me only 2000 SPG points. The flight costs right at $650 so it seems the easiest thing to do is cancel one of the skyMile tix and pay outright, but I am not sure what the fees associated with canceling it are.

Just found out about this and I was wondering if the pros had any advice on how to handle it before I looked into it further. Am I missing an option?

TIA
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL GM
Unless you are Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion, you will have to pay a $150 fee to cancel the award ticket and redeposit the SkyMiles to your account.

If you cancel the award ticket less than 72 hours from departure you cannot redeposit the miles at all.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_m...d_travel_fees/
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Keep in mind that late booking airfare can get expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.