Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated thread: Seat recline etiquette.

Consolidated thread: Seat recline etiquette.

Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I frequently recline, and never mind when others do in front of me. The only thing that bugs me is the sUA 757-200's in F. If you are on the window side, and the isle passenger in front of you is reclined it takes some serious flexibility to access the isle.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by tartempion
I'll rather agree here.
I was on a QR B787 from DOH to VIE last week and when the couple in the seats in front of me reclined their seats it was horror.
You lose very little leg room when somebody reclines. What you do lose is space between your face and the back of their seat. It's purely psychological. Why don't you wear some eyeshades?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:23 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by Jane42
Does the recline feature differ with different airlines?
Yes. Each airline defines the amount of allowed recline for its seats, and it might be different for each one.

Even internally the amounts could vary. E+ & E seats are the same, however E+ seats usually recline more than regular E seats.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:50 pm

I also never recline my seat; of course the person in front has a right to recline theirs but on the A319 that American uses, this means that his head is practically in my lap and my open laptop each time has been seconds away from being mangled. Going back slowly would show consideration for others even if the airline is showing absolutely none to its passengers.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Seat reclining explained

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.