Feecation - "The Best Travel Deal I’ve Possibly Ever Seen"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feecation - "The Best Travel Deal I’ve Possibly Ever Seen"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by dustenm
I just signed up for the feecation.com membership and started using it. Have you ever had any issues yet with any of the rebates you submitted? How long does it usually take to show the rebate is approved on the website or is that only right before the check is sent?
Nope, I haven't had any issues yet. I've submitted about 7 so far. It seems to take about a month for the status to change to "approved" and then a check comes about a week or so after that.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:30 pm

I was making a reservation on expedia and just saw this link http://www.travelplus.com/ looks like the company of feecation just came out with another service. This one is also $16.95 a month but only has $500 in rebates a year but also has a 5% rebate for all travel bookings and 10% discount on up to 10 $25 gift cards a month. Looks like they also have gas gift cards.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Do they actually send out paper checks? If so, that right there is part of their business model. Another big part is that anyone flying enough to make this service profitable is probably not going to be able to maximize the air fees because so many of those things then become free to an elite.

But I'll give 'em credit for allowing quite a few fees to be included as eligible reimbursements: in-flight meals, hotel resort fees, hotel parking, and rental car airport concession fees could make this pay off reasonably well, even for an elite.

But it likely becomes a net payoff of a couple hundred bucks per year for the hassle of dealing with the receipts and gathering the paper checks they send to you. Also looks like it's limited only to domestic U.S. travel, trips where I'm much less likely to incur some of the fees to begin with.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Do they actually send out paper checks? If so, that right there is part of their business model. Another big part is that anyone flying enough to make this service profitable is probably not going to be able to maximize the air fees because so many of those things then become free to an elite.

But I'll give 'em credit for allowing quite a few fees to be included as eligible reimbursements: in-flight meals, hotel resort fees, hotel parking, and rental car airport concession fees could make this pay off reasonably well, even for an elite.

But it likely becomes a net payoff of a couple hundred bucks per year for the hassle of dealing with the receipts and gathering the paper checks they send to you. Also looks like it's limited only to domestic U.S. travel, trips where I'm much less likely to incur some of the fees to begin with.

Yes, they do send out paper checks. I am a member of the feecation.com program and it takes 30days for the rebate to process but the checks do come as promised. Also they send a rebates that where submitted at the same time as 1 check so you don't have to worry about allot of checks. Now with this new program the rebates are limited to $5 each but the feecation.com are limited to $10 each. I save alot of money with the rebates because I do alot of traveling. Also they are easy to submit you just e-mail a copy of the receipt to them after you enter it online in your account and that is it.

The gift card part alone saves you $25 a month if you order all 10 gift cards but with the gas gift cards why not order all 10 a month since everyone buys gas. Also the rebates are valid each time you get the charge so with hotel parking it would be a rebate per night or the same with resort fees.

With the new program the limit of $5 per rebate is very low so not as good as feecation but just depends on what features you are looking for in a program if it is good for you or not.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Not much different than insurance with its periodical premiums being used to (try to) generate money to more than cover claims from the policy holder and/or other insured parties in the same "investment"/insurance pool, right?
I would say it's slightly different than an insurance program, because insurance at least has an actuarial basis, i.e., benefits are paid based on predictable events. This program may look the same in terms of cash flows, but is probably riskier for the investor than an insurance program, absent a good way to model redemption behavior. Obviously people have invested in Feecation, but I would be much less willing to do so than to invest in an insurance company.

Feecation is like many programs that assume that people will redeem less than they pay to join. These can be a great deal for those who are conscientious about redeeming, at the expense of others. Or it could collapse.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The way I understand this program is that you could buy wifi, sandwiches, etc on flights to be reimbursed up to $10 per instance. Isn't there a way for us to make out more than $200-300 ahead plus have a better flight experience? For many of us, we have to keep track of our expenses anyway so this is not that much harder. I really want to try this one, anyone have experience a few months into it to convince me otherwise?
LondonElite likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The way I understand this program is that you could buy wifi, sandwiches, etc on flights to be reimbursed up to $10 per instance. Isn't there a way for us to make out more than $200-300 ahead plus have a better flight experience? For many of us, we have to keep track of our expenses anyway so this is not that much harder. I really want to try this one, anyone have experience a few months into it to convince me otherwise?
The language that bothers me is "instance". It's not actually defined in their terms of service. If "instance" means "receipt", then this could be a pretty useful program for me. If "instance" means "flight", "hotel stay" or "car rental", then not so much.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by billatq
The language that bothers me is "instance". It's not actually defined in their terms of service. If "instance" means "receipt", then this could be a pretty useful program for me. If "instance" means "flight", "hotel stay" or "car rental", then not so much.
"Instance" means "individual fee."

For example, I've had 4 resort fees appear on 4 different dates on a single hotel folio for a single stay. $10.00 was reimbursed for each resort fee.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:39 pm

I've got 5 days left in my 30 day free trial. Does anybody know if I can still get my refund if I cancel the trial before they process the refunds?

Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by IFlyHarder
So if you unsubscribe from Feecation, is that defeecation?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
What about taxes on award bookings?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by augustus21
What about taxes on award bookings?
That's not one of the covered fees.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Has anyone noticed that the reimbursement approvals have slowed down a bit? They used to be approved pretty much after 30 days like clockwork. It's more irregular now.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Southwest A-list, Delta Platinum
Feecation Discontinued

I just received this email from Samantha at Feecation that said that it is discontinued:

Samantha (Feecation)

Nov 26, 11:10 AM EST

Hi,

We regret to inform you that the Feecation program has been discontinued. As a result, your membership has been cancelled effective 11/26/2019. You'll receive a full refund for your last bill in the next 2-5 business days. Your outstanding rebates have been processed and the remaining balance of your claims will be paid via check in 5-7 business days.

We'd like to thank you greatly for using the Feecation program. Indeed, it has been our pleasure to serve you through the course of your membership. In the meantime, we are happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at [email protected] or by phone at 888-885-3404.

Thanks,

The Feecation Team

Feecation Customer Service
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Honestly, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.