Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Flight to DEL (India) from SFO for Dec 2012, when to book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

First of all apologies if this is the wrong forum. Mods, please feel free to move to the right forum.

We (family of three) are planning a trip to India this December. We are little flexible with our travel dates (+/- 3 days). We would love to fly around Dec 20th and get back around January 6th. We can fly from SFO, SJC or SMF airports, though I guess SFO will offer more opportunities, and we will be going to Delhi (India). I have been checking kayak, orbitz, expedia, etc., and the best I am getting is ~1700 (on Air China on kayak), and ~1950 on orbitz. I know December is a peak travel time, but these look lot higher. Can I get a better rate than these? Is it too early to be looking for Dec flights? If yes, when should I start looking.

TIA.
Old May 2, 2012, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i would probably book now, but definitely by mid june....
Old May 2, 2012, 2:57 pm
akm

I have managed, in the past, to cut the costs down (substantially) by buying SFO/LAX-BKK/SIN and then a separate ticket to India (on a budget airline). Haven't checked how well this strategy would work in recent months. The downside is a certain amount of uncertainty wrt connections, especially out of Delhi in January (fog). Also, the connections tend to be less than perfect. It used to work out for me because I would normally stop in BKK/SIN for a couple of days. That may not work for a family traveling together on a relatively short trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.