Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap(er) Europe Fares?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, 1MM
Cheap(er) Europe Fares?

Need to travel IAD-VIE on mid-June but fares range between $1600-2000. What is going on in the world???

Any direction on if there are any deals to be had or at least what is going on with fares this year?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Mid June, high jet fuel costs, taxes and the airlines projection of load factors have combined to push up fares. I can recall flying into Prague and Budapest on "Flag" airlines, neither a long or expensive rail journey to Vienna, because of fares enough cheaper to be worthwhile.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the last 2 years, folks have been complaining about $1500 ish fares....this year may be worse...
Old May 3, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Ah yes, 'tis the season.

EVERYBODY is looking for Europe fares in April-May. Airlines know this and cash in on it. This happens EVERY year.

3 options:
- book earlier (not an option for you, at least not for this year)
- book later
- get creative with your routing and consider alternatives to flying to your exact destination (requires some flexibility on your part and more uncomfortable/tiring connections, but if saving money is your goal then it can be done)

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.