World's best hotel beds

World's best hotel beds

Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
World's best hotel beds

Fox: World's best hotel beds

I'm sure many have their favorite! I really liked the Sleep Number bed at the ORD Radisson!

- Tempur-Pedic

- Westin Heavenly Bed

- Stearns and Foster

- The Affinia Bed

- W Hotels Mattress

- Sleep Number
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC Elite (waddya mean it's expired?), HHonours Gold, bunch of other stuff
Easy. The Marriot in Amman, Jordan. It was in November 2004. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:53 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
I like Westin's Heavenly Bed.

At my homes, I have waterbeds. I've slept on a waterbed since the 80's. I like them.
There was a Marriott (Indianapolis??) that had a few waterbed rooms. That was a treat. Any hotel with a waterbed I like.
The plus? you NEVER have to worry about bedbugs in the mattress.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Westin's Heavenly Bed .. or the one's they have in the Intercontinental hotels in Germany (Berchtesgaden, Berlin, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:35 am

I'm always up for a stay at the Four Seasons. During the day, I think about how wonderful it is going to be to go to bed that night!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner

At my homes, I have waterbeds. I've slept on a waterbed since the 80's. I like them.
There was a Marriott (Indianapolis??) that had a few waterbed rooms. That was a treat. Any hotel with a waterbed I like.
Same here. ^
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: No preference

I like them too. They never lose their support like a typical mattress.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AC110
Easy. The Marriot in Amman, Jordan. It was in November 2004. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
A 2nd vote for Marriot's beds. My last Marriot stay was in Paris and the bed was wonderful.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:50 pm

I sorely miss the original all water waterbeds but they are def not safe from bedbugs or other bugs. When I moved out after graduating I left the waterbed. When my Mom drained it years later, she called to tell me she found all kinds of bugs living under the mattress. She had to hire an exterminator to make sure there were none hiding anywhere else in her house! Absolutely disgusted me, still gives me the shivers to think they might have been there when I was sleeping in it every night!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Many hotels have stepped it up when it comes to the bed.

I like the newest style Marriott bed. I loved the bed at Encore in Las Vegas. Beds at Mirage are nice, too. I really miss the Sofitel beds. They were the first really nice beds I started to sleep in regularly way back when.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:30 pm

The Marriott beds are, in my opinion, fine. The sheets are rough and definitely not very high-end.

Four Seasons beds get my personal vote as they are both firm yet inviting with crisp, tight linens. Peninsula and St. Regis beds are equally excellent but a bit too soft for my taste.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I like the Westin's Heavenly Bed, as others have mentioned. I think it might be the same as the W's bed, which I've noted is incredibly comfortable.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:38 am

We bought the bed from the 4S
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: Independent
I do not like the regular Marriot beds. I like some of the Hilton beds, particularly the SFO Airport Hilton, but not all hiltons seem to have the same matterss. I think it depends a lot on the foundation they use. I am also not a fan any more of the pneumatic beds they have in the Garden Inns. The first few ones were great, butt hey changed so that they have a seperate ridge now down the center, which for me makes them far to uncomfortable for a good night's sleep.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Gold/Some Years Platinum
Originally Posted by rwoman
I really liked the Sleep Number bed at the ORD Radisson!
Eh, had this once at a Radisson and didn't like it at all.

If I want to pay money to sleep on an air mattress, I'll go to a state park.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.