Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any dual citizens recently go through Global Entry Process?

Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Looking for any experiences of dual citizens who have recently gone through GE interview. Anything particularly noteworthy happen? Did formally identifying yourself as a dual citizen to the US cause you any angst? Most curious about U.S./Irish, but also curious about any recent experiences.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:55 pm

I am a USA/Swiss/Canadian citizen, just did it last week, no problem.

I didn't mention my Swiss citizenship (they didn't event ask), but I did mention my Canadian citizenship, because it was at a Nexus office, which processes both, the Nexus and GE applications at once.

If you happen to live next to a Canadian border, or you can fly in, just apply for Nexus on the "GOES" system, which gives you both for $50.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
My Mr and I got our GE at the same time; he is US non-resident alien so not even a US citizen. We were interviewed by the same officer but one after the other and not together. He was asked the same generic questions that I was, nothing even remotely memorable. Interviews took about equally long (maybe 5 minutes of questions then take fingerprints and such). I would guess that if a UK citizen gets the same questions that a US citizen does, then a dual US/Irish citizen would be more or less in the ballpark.

If you have two passports, or a passport and a green card, they are quite particular about which document the GE encoding is placed on. For a while it would work on the Mr's passport as well as green card; then he started getting email nastygrams when using the UK passport, and now the passport doesn't work at all, and he must use his greencard.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
I am a US/Australian citizen and entered both passport numbers in the GE interview process. Didn't have any problems with the interview. The interview was really just an orientation into the program and how to use the kiosk.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.