Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Old May 16, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Accidently punching someone in the back of the head.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by ardboe
Accidently punching someone in the back of the head.
What, did you mean to punch them in the front?
Old May 16, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rtaylore
What, did you mean to punch them in the front?
It was on Air France so I dont know why I punched them at all.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BA gold
One long-haul flight many moons ago, I was absolutely exhausted and promptly fell asleep as soon as I sat down, missing the demo, take-off and meals.

Mid-flight, I woke up to find myself sleeping on my neighbour's shoulders. She was asleep, and completely unaware of the rather excessive drool I've caused running down her jacket

One of the perils of travelling in Y.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: You mean the cards at the bottom of my desk drawer? BAEC, FB, BA PP Amex, LHW...never any status...
Originally Posted by Panda4
I bet a few people have indulged in a cheeky bit of Mile High Onanism.
I bet you're right, and at a stroke* I guess it'd be one pleasurable way to while away the long hours. But as long as they've locked the lavatory door or managed to...er...hide it under a blanket (Oh, I need bleach for the brain now!), there's no reason for them to be embarrassed...is there?

*sorry, couldn't resist...
Old May 16, 2011, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Club and Skywards
I was travelling with some friends and one of then followed through

It was disgusting
Old May 16, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Internaut
* I'll say one thing for KLM's recruiting practices - they do discriminate.
Must have been a while ago... or they avoid my flights.

Do a search for "snork maiden" in this thread over at AF/KL: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...hort-hair.html

More my experience...
Old May 16, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GHJ74
I was travelling with some friends and one of then followed through

It was disgusting
"One of your friends"?? A likely story...
Old May 16, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Once on a flight LHR-LAX Upper Deck, me and my buddy had 64A and B, I was in A.

Maybe an hour before landing the captain said that we would have a great view of Vegas in a few, I was listening to my Ipod at the time when my buddy rolled down the divider and told me to have a look, a minute later he came infront of me and we're both just waiting (I guess almost 10 minutes) to have a good view of Vegas, well nothing happened, No Vegas no nothing, I went and asked around and was told that I could've seen it on the other side of the plane.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by ardboe
It was on Air France so I dont know why I punched them at all.
maybe to make them feel better?
Old May 16, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by badoc
Given the BA board has more than its fair share of 'experience' I challenge you all to enlighten me. Imagine it's a kind of confession. All will be forgiven
Got absolutely conkered on Bolly Grand Annee 1999 (so a good excuse). Lapsed into coma after the first scene of the movie after dinner. I was in 2A, my wife in 2F thought I had died. By all accounts I looked like a pale sweating zombie on disembarkation.

Although I must say, reading some trip reports, this would appear to be standard practice.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le mdecin personnel PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Speedbird218
I think as the starter of this thread...you should post your "experience"...once, we the board have read it, we will decide how many Hail Mary's you need to say.

Then we can open up the confession box to the rest of the board.

OK then, here we go. Now are you sitting comfortably?

I was on an overnight flight from Tanzania having just sucessfully climbed Mt Kilimanjaro so feeling quite pleased with myself. There was quite a large group of us but we were scattered around the AC but unfortunately all in whY as it was a charity event.

I have not had a LH flight down the back for almost 8 years and so I realised this might not be quite what I have grown accustomed to.

So, having had dinner (if you could call it that) and a few beers before boarding I felt quite pleased that soon I would be reunited with Mrs badoc and the two juniors.

Due to sleep concerns, I decided to take a sleeping tablet (zopiclone) to help the night pass by, as I never thought I would get any shuteye being near vertical in some kind of torture enclosure.

Just before wedging myself against the window with a variety of (brought specially for padding) clothing, I decided to go and say goodnight to the rest of our team (I was soon to find out that part was easier when we were in tents).

Whilst bending down to talk to a colleague I felt someone touch me on the shoulder and assumed it was another pax passing by to visit the toilet cubicle. It happened again and then on the third touch I heard someone say 'Is he always like this?' and realised they were talking about me. The stewardess said (in quite a humerous way) if I obstructed the aisle any more they were going to lift me up and put me on the trolley and wheel me back to my seat

Well, the zopiclone was kicking in now and together with the last gin and tonic I thought it sounded a wonderful idea, as I had never had a ride down the aisle on a trolley.

The next thing I know is I am cross-legged astride the duty-free, hurtling down the cabin offering people drinks, perfume and the like I can tell you, one really does feel quite high up there.

Fortunately the cabin was in semi-darkness (or it may have just been me) and so I was under the impression my work colleagues (for perhaps the next 30 years) were oblivious to this rather scene that was unfolding.

Many people did think the malaria tablets had finally got to them as 'several of them had had a really odd dream where I was being pushed down the aeroplane on top of a trolley' but sadly once this story was corroberated between them I was labelled a bona fide troley dolly

Strangely the crew seemed genuinely pleased to have a passenger help with the service. I blamed them (KLM) for serving such strong gins and secretly wondered whether such joviality would ever be allowed on my favourite airline
Old May 16, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: F
There you are, what did I say?
Old May 16, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by badoc
OK then, here we go. Now are you sitting comfortably?
I thought this board was for embarassing stories badoc - that story was absolutely legendary, nothing to be ashamed of at all! ^^^^^^

Sleeping tablets on LH flights can be dangerous - a colleague of mine once took some strong ones right before boarding coming back from a training event in the states only to have the flight delayed by 1 hour. When boarding finally arrived he had to be carried to his seat
Old May 16, 2011, 1:07 pm
ts3

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, BAEC, SPG, UA, AF
Originally Posted by eightblack
Actually no. Not in my case. My wife still cringes...

When we were relocating back from the US to Australia, our son was only 4-months old. Fortunately, we were in F on Qantas from LAX to MEL.
My favorite of the lot!

As a fellow father who changed every diaper for the first month, you don't know how lucky you were they were bullets. During the first month, they are, well, a bit more liquid. Actually, a lot more liquid. Never took the kid on a plane during diaper phase, though, so I feel very lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.