Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

You need to check your airline seats for confirmed booking!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Just returned from our family trip to Orlando and found the seats we had reserved six months ago were gone. The nice folks at the Orlando off airport check-in facility were able to get us seated together and informed us this happens with all airlines due to aircraft swaps and delays. Their advice is check your seats assignments several days before you are due to leave or you can call them or stop by and they will be happy to make sure you are seated together.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
While this may be news to you, most of us who have frequented FT for a while already do this.

It does happen all the time, and unfortunately, sometimes they can't get people back to where they were, or even together.

I have noticed it happening a lot more lately, but not on my MCO flights - at least to me. The person seated next to me ended up in a middle, alone, because they were booted from their original seats.

A good idea is to check seatguru.com and/or the airline's website and make sure you're not seated in a special assistance seat. They will take your seat if someone needs it.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I don't think this happens to or from Orlando any more frequently than to and from other destinations, but it does happen. Luckily it is not too common, I've never had it happen to me.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this is more related to general travel than a specific destination, it will relocate to TravelBuzz! JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
As a matter of course, for Delta in particular you should check your reservations at least weekly (if not more often than that) to verify seat assignments still intact, due to their propensity to change aircraft multiple times between your reservation and your actual flight.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by drat19
As a matter of course, for Delta in particular you should check your reservations at least weekly (if not more often than that) to verify seat assignments still intact, due to their propensity to change aircraft multiple times between your reservation and your actual flight.

+1

Although I think its good to check seat assignments regularly with any airline that has assigned seating. I have a TATL flight just before Xmas. I've had two equipment changes since booking and there are no two seats together in Y (and the 2-3 seats left are all middles) if I had wait to check my seat assignments I would have been SOL. So I check every week or two from the time I book.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by djk7
I don't think this happens to or from Orlando any more frequently than to and from other destinations, but it does happen. Luckily it is not too common, I've never had it happen to me.
It hasn't happened to me from MCO, and I go there several times a year, but just last year I was booted from my seats EWR-HNL on two separate occassions. Both times it was due to equipment changes.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:15 am
Suspended

And water is wet!! LOL.

I check on my laptop or PDA down to the minute I board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.