Reload this Page >

Need help dealing with dry hotel room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help dealing with dry hotel room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Get a neti pot or a nasal irrigation bottle. Once you get the hang of it (and once you get over it ), it works great. Before I started using these, I would suffer through 6-8 weeks of sinus inflammation whenever I got a cold, 2 weeks with just a lot of flying. No more. The irrigation helps keep everything moist and moving.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Suggestion #1. In Chicago go to Walgreen's, they usually have a $10 humidifier. As stated, when you are done bring it to the convention center and ship it back with convention supplies (or just write off the $10, well worth it for no more bloody noses!).

Suggestion #2. if there is a hotpot in the room, fill it up, turn it on and crack open the top with a spoon and it will simmer for hours, adds lot of moisture to the room, but be careful and turn off before bed.

Suggestion#3. if there is an automatic coffee pot in the room, fill it with water and run it thru with no coffee. leave open pot on counter or pour into cups and leave hot water cups around rooms.

Suggestion #4 leave farther window cracked open just a bit, it will add moisture to the room and combat some of the drying heat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.