Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

9. You’ve got quite a busy week ahead of you! From your company’s home base in Churchill Falls, Newfoundland, you’ll be making sales calls in Montreal, Syracuse, Chicago and Kansas City. It’s an ambitious itinerary, but thankfully your travel agent is more than up to the task. You’ve been booked on four airlines – a different one for each city you’ll be visiting. Interestingly, each airline will be operating the same type of jet. Can you identify the jet type and then match the airline with the route flown? (1. YWW-YUL 2. YUL-SYR 3. SYR-ORD 4. ORD-MCI)

BONUS QUESTION 18D: Everybody knows that Braniff's original 747 was painted orange - as were subsequent variants a few years later. However, Braniff originally ordered TWO 747-127s and the second one was planned to wear a different color. What color was it and what airline did it end up being delivered to (not as a -127)
9. When I think of Churchill Falls (and I flew quite close to this remote community in Newfoundland this past Tuesday while enjoying the business class service on board an AA B777-223ER from LHR to DFW), I think of Quebecair and the BAC One-Eleven (although QB also ran a B727-100 into nearby Wabush back in the mid 70's while Eastern Provincial served Churchill Falls with the B737-200). So there's our first flight from YWW (or was it actually ZUM back then?) to Montreal Dorval as well as the equipment being the BAC One-Eleven operated on all four flights. I'll guess the second air carrier was Mohawk operating from YUL down to Syracuse with the third airline being American from SYR to Chicago O'Hare and the fourth operator being Braniff International from ORD to Kansas City. And many moons ago back in 1971, I flew on board a BN BAC One-Eleven from Chicago to Kansas City.

Speaking of good old Braniff International......

Bonus 18-D: I vividly remember the big fanfare that accompanied the start of nonstop 747 service by Braniff between Dallas and Honolulu. Our family was living in Houston at the time and Braniff had elaborately decorated one of their gates at Houston Intercontinental in a Hawaiian motif. Of course, one had to fly from IAH to Dallas on board a BN 727 and then connect to the 747 service as the "Great Pumpkin" had replaced Braniff's Boeing 707-320 nonstop and direct service between Houston and Hawaii.....and although I never got to fly on board a BN operated 747, I did travel with Braniff many times on board B720, B727-100, and B727-200 aircraft as well as my favorite, the BAC One-Eleven.

But what about that other 747? Well, if memory serves me correctly, it would have featured a green paint scheme and may have possibly then been nicknamed the "Big Watermelon". However, as Seat 2A points out, this second 747 was never delivered to Braniff. And Max Ward then came into picture with the aircraft subsequently being delivered to Wardair up in Canada.

Last edited by jlemon; Apr 5, 2019 at 7:57 am Reason: correction & additional info
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jlemon
But what about that other 747? Well, if memory serves me correctly, it would have featured a green paint scheme and may have possibly then been nicknamed the "Big Watermelon". However, as Seat 2A points out, this second 747 was never delivered to Braniff. And Max Ward then came into picture with the aircraft subsequently being delivered to Wardair up in Canada.
There's a longstanding discussion about this aircraft initial paint, as nobody has ever come up with a colour photo of it yet. As Braniff cancelled the order just as it was due for painting, was it done ? It's known it was flown on completion to Wichita, where it was stored, in a hangar and thus out of photo-shot, for some months before Wardair took it. Even if someone comes up with a distant view of it, unlikely now, the Boeing standard shop undercoat colour is of course green.

Incidentally, with Wardair it was the first 747 I ever flew in.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
10. Only one airline flies direct from New York City to the state of South Dakota. Thankfully, the aircraft has a First Class cabin because there are four stops along the way and comfort will be important over the six hour journey. Your job is to identify the South Dakotan airport served and then identify the airline, the aircraft and the four enroute stops..
10- I suspect this was an Ozark DC-9 that stopped at Washington Dulles (IAD), Champaign/Urbana (CMI), Peoria (PIA), and Sioux City (SUX) before terminating at Sioux Falls (FSD)

12. You’re all set to fly to from Chicago to Billings, Montana for the weekend. Unfortunately, a couple of things have come up at the office that mean you’ll have to switch from your 100p nonstop to something a bit later. A call to your travel agent reveals that unfortunately, no seats are available in any class to Billings until early this evening. But wait! If you can get over to Chicago’s lightly used Midway Airport, there’s a two stop flight departing at 220pm. It’s even got some larger seats up in the front of the aircraft. Book it, Danno! Identify the usual triumvirate, including the two stops enroute.
12- this pretty well has to be a Northwest Electra, and Minneapolis (MSP) was certainly one of the stops ... how about Bismarck ND (BIS) as the other
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Boy, if it ain't one thing, it's another... We had a power outage yesterday evening just as I was starting in on your responses, after which I had surprise company for the rest of the evening. So thank you all for having the patience of Job and now let's delve into your responses.

Originally Posted by jrl767
42. There are three Fifth Freedom flights from the U.S. to Mexico. Each flight is operated by an airline not from the U.S. or Mexico. Each flight departs from a different U.S. city and each flight arrives in a different Mexican city. Each flight operates with a different type of equipment. Two different airlines are involved. Your job is to identify the three flights; determining each route, airline and aircraft. Buena suerte, Seor!
I’ll toss Air France into the mix, with a 707 on the JFK-GDL segment and a 747 operating IAH-MEX (which I actually flew in 1980) ... as for the second airline and third city pair, it’s wild guess time: TACA, New Orleans (MSY) - Merida (MID) with a BAC 1-11

You've got two and a half out of three, J. Air France is correct on both routes and aircraft. New Orleans to Merida is also correct, as is the BAC-111. However, the airline was not TACA. This one ought to be a tap in for you at this point. I eagerly await your response ^ In the meantime, here are the relevant flights:

Air France AF 077 New York (JFK) 500p-935p D Guadalajara (GDL) Boeing 707 X235
Air France AF 067 Houston (IAH) 310p-505p D Mexico City (MEX) Boeing 747 X257
__________________ New Orleans (MSY) 125p-300p L Merida (MID) BAC-111 X15
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
26. has been answered (remember the National Airlines photo?) but not marked "answered".

Thanks, T. It's been corrected.

29. You need to fly from Luxembourg to London. You call Luxair only to be informed that their thrice weekly flight is sold out until next week. Thankfully, there is another option offering an additional three nonstop flights per week. Identify the airline and the aircraft you’ll be flying upon.

Northeast Airlines, BAC One-Eleven

Right-O! Northeast offered three departures a week. Luxair countered with its Caravelle.

Northeast NS 572 Luxembourg (LUX) 1145a-1245p London (LHR) Trident Mo We
Northeast NS 574 Luxembourg (LUX) 500p-600p London (LHR) Trident Su
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

30. If in the late summer of 1972 you wanted to fly from Frankfurt in the German Federal Republic to (East) Berlin’s Schoenfeld Airport in the German Democratic Republic, there was only one scheduled flight per week. Identify the airline and the aircraft you’d be flying upon.

Per WHBM: I think this would be Aeroflot, with an Ilyushin 62. They had not long started their service to West Germany, which was regarded as a significant moment. It could not use the "corridor" routes direct to Berlin, nor could it cross directly from West to East Germany. It had to fly east to overhead Czechoslovakia, then turn north. The start of Aeroflot service to West Germany, which was of course matched by a balancing first Lufthansa service to Moscow, probably a 727, was part of Chancellor Willy Brandt's "Ostpolitik" approach.

Per Toshbaf: KLM, DC-9. My guess is that by around 1980, KLM operated non-stops SXF - AMS.
EDIT: While posting, I see WHBM posted Aeroflot with an IL-62. I agree. I know KLM didn't start non-stop SXF-AMS until the late 1970's or early 1980's and a one stop in FRA is very unlikely.

Good call, Toshbaf! About changing your initial response and subsequently agreeing with WHBM, that is. He's a tough horse to bet against.

And thank you WHBM for providing not only the correct answer but also the story behind it. ^^

Aeroflot SU 258 Frankfurt (FRA) 100p-210p Berlin (SXF) IL-62 Friday only
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

35. You’re in Casablanca, Morocco and need to fly to San Juan, Puerto Rico. You’re expecting quite the convoluted journey but are pleasantly surprised to learn that you can fly the same airline all the way through to San Juan via a single connection enroute. Rather more of a surprise, your connecting city is in Europe – not the U.S. Both flights are nonstop and are operated with the same aircraft type. Identify the airline, the connecting city and the aircraft type.

I will start the bidding with Iberia, operating via Madrid (MAD) with DC-10s

Sounds good to me, J, but as ever - what do I know? Turns out we're looking for a different airline flying over a different routing operating a different aircraft.

Call it a swinging strike and here comes the next pitch. Knock it out of the park, J!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WHBM
35. You’re in Casablanca, Morocco and need to fly to San Juan, Puerto Rico. You’re expecting quite the convoluted journey but are pleasantly surprised to learn that you can fly the same airline all the way through to San Juan via a single connection enroute. Rather more of a surprise, your connecting city is in Europe – not the U.S. Both flights are nonstop and are operated with the same aircraft type. Identify the airline, the connecting city and the aircraft type.

Maybe I can step on with a couple of Air France 707s, via Paris Orly.

You've got the correct aircraft, W, but the wrong airline and route. Please guess again!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Re. #35: If this were a vote, I'd vote more for Air France 707 than Iberia DC-10. If it were later, such as the 1980's, Lufthansa would be in the picture but I think LH didn't start SJU as early as 1972.

It wasn't Lufthansa...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good Lord! Is that person in the photo actually wearing cowboy boots....in the UK? (gasp!) I guess they'll let anybody into Duxford these days......
You wouldn't happen to have any shots of that Whispering Giant in the background, would you?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

9. You’ve got quite a busy week ahead of you! From your company’s home base in Churchill Falls, Newfoundland, you’ll be making sales calls in Montreal, Syracuse, Chicago and Kansas City. It’s an ambitious itinerary, but thankfully your travel agent is more than up to the task. You’ve been booked on four airlines – a different one for each city you’ll be visiting. Interestingly, each airline will be operating the same type of jet. Can you identify the jet type and then match the airline with the route flown? (1. YWW-YUL 2. YUL-SYR 3. SYR-ORD 4. ORD-MCI)

When I think of Churchill Falls (and I flew quite close to this remote community in Newfoundland this past Tuesday while enjoying the business class service on board an AA B777-223ER from LHR to DFW), I think of Quebecair and the BAC One-Eleven (although QB also ran a B727-100 into nearby Wabush back in the mid 70's while Eastern Provincial served Churchill Falls with the B737-200). So there's our first flight from YWW (or was it actually ZUM back then?) to Montreal Dorval as well as the equipment being the BAC One-Eleven operated on all four flights. I'll guess the second air carrier was Mohawk operating from YUL down to Syracuse with the third airline being American from SYR to Chicago O'Hare and the fourth operator being Braniff International from ORD to Kansas City. And many moons ago back in 1971, I flew on board a BN BAC One-Eleven from Chicago to Kansas City.

Spot on, JL! ^ Once you've figured out the first flight and equipment, the rest falls into place pretty easily. Quebecair didn't fly to many airports outside of Quebec - only Churchill Falls and Wabush come to mind - and in 1972 the BAC-111 was the only jet being used on scheduled flights. I've got a postcard of a Quebecair 707 in an early livery, though I believe the 707 was used only for charter work.

BONUS QUESTION 18D: Everybody knows that Braniff's original 747 was painted orange - as were subsequent variants a few years later. However, Braniff originally ordered TWO 747-127s and the second one was planned to wear a different color. What color was it and what airline did it end up being delivered to (not as a -127)

I vividly remember the big fanfare that accompanied the start of nonstop 747 service by Braniff between Dallas and Honolulu. Our family was living in Houston at the time and Braniff had elaborately decorated one of their gates at Houston Intercontinental in a Hawaiian motif. Of course, one had to fly from IAH to Dallas on board a BN 727 and then connect to the 747 service as the "Great Pumpkin" had replaced Braniff's Boeing 707-320 nonstop and direct service between Houston and Hawaii.....and although I never got to fly on board a BN operated 747, I did travel with Braniff many times on board B720, B727-100, and B727-200 aircraft as well as my favorite, the BAC One-Eleven.

Correct on all counts, JL! The plan was to paint it in "Panagra Green" but so far as I know this never did happen. The airplane was indeed purchased by Braniff and built but never flown by them. It was instead parked in storage (painted white if I recall, with no titles) until Braniff exchanged it with Boeing for additional 727-200s. The airplane was eventually converted to a -1D1 (whatever that entailed) and sold to Wardair. Interesting as Wardair's Boeing customer designation was -11. A quick check of Boeing's customer codes reveals that -1D1 was the code for Universal Airlines. Hmm... the story behind that is definitely WHBM territory. I've also seen that second green 747 referred to as the "The Great Pickle".

Note: WHBM indicates the order for this plane was cancelled rather than it having been purchased and subsequently traded in. I will defer to him on this.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 5, 2019 at 12:58 pm
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

10. Only one airline flies direct from New York City to the state of South Dakota. Thankfully, the aircraft has a First Class cabin because there are four stops along the way and comfort will be important over the six hour journey. Your job is to identify the South Dakotan airport served and then identify the airline, the aircraft and the four enroute stops...

I suspect this was an Ozark DC-9 that stopped at Washington Dulles (IAD), Champaign/Urbana (CMI), Peoria (PIA), and Sioux City (SUX) before terminating at Sioux Falls (FSD)

Your suspicions are correct, J - First Class "Go Getters" could also enjoy a snack and hot breakfast enroute, served atop Ozark's distinctive yellow table cloths with dark green napkins.

Ozark OZ 907 New York (LGA) 800a-858a S Washington DC (IAD) 928a-1004a B Champaign (CMI) 1024a-1049a Peoria (PIA) 1109a-1210p Sioux City (SUX) 1225p-1249p Sioux Falls (FSD) DC-9-30 Daily

12. You’re all set to fly to from Chicago to Billings, Montana for the weekend. Unfortunately, a couple of things have come up at the office that mean you’ll have to switch from your 100p nonstop to something a bit later. A call to your travel agent reveals that unfortunately, no seats are available in any class to Billings until early this evening. But wait! If you can get over to Chicago’s lightly used Midway Airport, there’s a two stop flight departing at 220pm. It’s even got some larger seats up in the front of the aircraft. Book it, Danno! Identify the usual triumvirate, including the two stops enroute.

This pretty well has to be a Northwest Electra, and Minneapolis (MSP) was certainly one of the stops ... how about Bismarck ND (BIS) as the other

An excellent guess, J, but NO! It wasn't Northwest or even an Electra. Please guess again!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 5, 2019 at 12:59 pm
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The following quiz items have a time line of the autumn of 1970

1. You’ve had a busy morning making sales calls on the south side of Chicago. While calling your office to arrange for some products to be delivered to a local company, you’re informed that you need to service an account in Indianapolis ASAP, as in today. Hmm… Well O’Hare’s way up on the north side of the city. Any chance there might be any flights out of nearby Midway Airport? A call to your travel agent confirms that there is. Two airlines each operate a single flight per day from Midway down to Indy. Identify the two airlines.
A N S W E R E D

2. Jose loves to play golf. Imagine then his surprise and delight when a business associate who’s a member of Augusta National Golf Club invites him up to Georgia to play a couple rounds on the Masters course. Ay Yi Yi! Por supuesto! From his home in Mexico City, he’s booked a nonstop flight up to Miami connecting to another nonstop flight up to Augusta. Two airlines are involved, but only one aircraft type. Identify both airlines and the aircraft type utilized.

3. An old college friend has invited you to join her and six of your classmates at a mini-reunion on the big island of Hawaii. Can you make it? A quick glance out the window of your Manhattan loft at the wintry gray day makes this an easy decision. From JFK, there is a single two-stop direct flight departing each Saturday morning. A change of gauge is required enroute but First Class is available all the way through. Book it, Danno! Identify the airline, aircrafts involved and the routing (including the aircraft switch point)

4. You’re in Miami and need to head up to Nashville, Tennessee to see your old friend Charlie Pride. You expect to have to make a connection somewhere but are pleased to discover a single daily nonstop flight that departs Miami in the late afternoon. First Class seats are available and dinner will be served enroute. Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying upon.
A N S W E R E D

5. After a week of sailing the Caribbean, it’s time to dock in Antigua and catch a flight home to Miami. Rather amazingly, you’ve got a choice of three morning departures to choose from – each of them operated by a different airline operating a different type of equipment. You decide to go with the only airline that operates the all-economy class configured aircraft. Two stops will be made in route. You know the drill by now. Airline. Equipment. Routing. Good luck, Mon!

6. Of all the days to get a flat tire! Now you’re sitting on I-35, nine miles from Minneapolis International and there’s no way you’re going to make your nonstop flight to Boston. A quick call to your travel agent reveals that the next direct flight to Boston is a two stopper that’ll arrive Boston mid-afternoon. You quickly book a seat. Identify the airline, aircraft and the enroute stops, please.

7. From Boston you’ll continue on to Providence, Rhode Island. It’s not very far and your original plan was to rent a car until you were informed of the exorbitant drop-off fees. Thankfully the one way airfare is just $13.00 and you’ll have a choice of three morning departures – all of them leaving between 6:20 and 7:10am. Each flight is operated by a different airline operating a different aircraft type. Your mission – should you decide to accept it – is to identify each airline and the aircraft it operates down to Providence. Good luck.

8. Some of you may recall that Grand Island, Nebraska was once served by Air Wisconsin out of Chicago using a BAC-111 jet. We even had a question involving that service. However, this was not GRI’s first jet service. Some 15 years earlier its citizens also enjoyed jet service from Chicago – this time with a single daily one-stop jet flight that even offered a First Class cabin with a nice dinner served along the way. Can you identify the airline, the aircraft and the enroute stop?
A N S W E R E D

11. Tampa, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are well served with nonstop flights from Montreal. Alas, the same cannot be said for Jacksonville. There is at least a direct flight, one that makes a couple of stops enroute. A luncheon is served somewhere along the route however, so perhaps it won’t be so bad… Name the airline, the two enroute stops and the aircraft to be flown.
A N S W E R E D

It was not a Northwest Electra

13. Unfortunately, there are no nonstop flights between Memphis and Cleveland. Worse yet, the only available flight is a three stopper that’ll take a butt-numbing four hours to get there. Sigh… Reluctantly, you book a seat on it. Identify the airline, the three stops and the aircraft type.

14. Working solely from schedules published in the North American edition of the OAG, I have found five different international flights into the U.S. that are each operated with a unique aircraft type that was manufactured outside of the U.S. Each flight is operated by a different foreign airline and in each case, the route is the only route into the U.S. using that aircraft type. In other words, you will find only one – not two – routes into the U.S. operated by say, a Dassault Mercure. And again, we are working only with schedules published in the North American OAG. So then, if you’re up for it, identify each of the five routes, airlines and aircraft types.

15. “When I die and go to heaven, I’ll probably connect in Atlanta”. That old quip notwithstanding, you’ve had uniquely bad luck of late with connections – wherever they may be – so much so that for your upcoming flight between Dallas and West Palm Beach you’ve booked yourself upon the late afternoon five-stopper. It’ll be a long day, but a couple of good books should ease the pain. Identify the airline, aircraft and all five of the enroute stops in order, please.

The following quiz items have a time line of the first quarter of 1973

16. Identify the airline that has the most domestic 747 flights into Miami. Additionally, identify the cities it serves Miami from with the 747
A N S W E R E D
BONUS QUESTION 16B: Which domestic U.S. airline offers 747 flights from Chicago to the most destinations? What are those destinations?

BONUS QUESTION 18C: Can anyone here remember three even longer 727 flights within the U.S.? Each has been discussed here within the pages of the OTAQ&D
A N S W E R E D

19. You do love a good milk-run! Imagine then your surprise and delight to have booked a seat aboard this 4-stop gem between St. Louis and Memphis. Identify the airline, the aircraft type and the four enroute stops.

21. The airline you usually fly between Detroit and New Orleans is on strike. So it is that you find yourself booked on a two-stop late afternoon departure. This airline utilizes an aircraft that until recently was not operated by your usual airline on the DTW-MSY route. As an added bonus, two dinners and a snack will be served along the way. Identify the airline, the two stops and the aircraft type.

The following quiz items have a time line from the summer of 1972

23. Aside from Delta’s flights, if you wanted to fly aboard a Convair 880 out of Miami during the summer of 1972, only one other airline offered scheduled flights. Identify that airline and the destination it served.
It's not LANICA... But it is Latin American

24. You don’t like little airplanes. The larger - the better, you always say. As such, for your upcoming flight between Edinburgh and London, you’ve chosen to fly aboard a ___________________ operated by _____________________. It is the largest aircraft operating scheduled flights out of EDI.

25. Back in the summer of 1972, travelers desiring to leave Jolly Olde England for the sun kissed beaches of Waikiki on Hawaii’s island of Oahu had a choice of three airlines – each of them operating a different type of equipment – at least out of London. One operated the same equipment all the way through to HNL while the other two had a change of equipment at an intermediate stop. Can you identify each of the three airlines, their routing and the equipment type(s) each operated?

31. You’ve just arrived in Bangkok and are taxiing to your stand when you spot a Boeing 720 lining up for takeoff. OMG! By 1972 720s are extremely rare birds in this part of the world. Indeed, the one you’ve seen is the only one serving HKG. What airline does it fly for?
A N S W E R E D

32. I’ve been able to find only one airline in the world that in 1973 operated three different types of four engine narrow bodied jetliners at the same time. (I’m not including variants such as a 727-100 vs a 727-200. We’re looking at only the base models) Each aircraft type is manufactured by a different company. Identify the airline and the three aircraft types. Additionally, if you should think of any other airlines operating 3 or more 4-engine aircraft at the same time during 1972, I would be happy to verify it.
Ongoing. MEA, American, Varig so far
BONUS QUESTION: Name an airline that operated not three but four different types of four engine narrow bodied jetliners - but NOT all at the same time.
BOAC, MEA and American have been identified so far. There's at least one more...

33. Identify the only non-Pratt & Whitney powered twin jet (operating scheduled flights) that you’ll see in Bangkok in the late summer of 1972. Airline and aircraft type, please.

A N S W E R E D

The following quiz items have a time line from the spring of 1976

42. There are three Fifth Freedom flights from the U.S. to Mexico. Each flight is operated by an airline not from the U.S. or Mexico. Each flight departs from a different U.S. city and each flight arrives in a different Mexican city. Each flight operates with a different type of equipment. Two different airlines are involved. Your job is to identify the three flights; determining each route, airline and aircraft. Buena suerte, Seor!
A N S W E R E D

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 5, 2019 at 11:10 pm
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:18 pm

deleted

Last edited by KT550; Apr 5, 2019 at 1:20 pm Reason: failed to read the question properly!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
You wouldn't happen to have any shots of that Whispering Giant in the background, would you?
Well, no.....and it was the only airliner parked on the ramp outside at Duxford (besides a Britten Norman Trislander) that I did not get a photo of.....

However, I now know the way as well as what appears to be a convenient method of traveling to Duxford via LCY, the DLR, a train from London and a taxi. I also have a pamphlet concerning The British Airliner Collection at Duxford that I'll save for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.