Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Staying in Hotels on Opening Nights

Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

I'm a travel writer based in France and I'm looking to connect with travelers who actively travel to stay in a hotel on their opening night.
I'm researching a story on why people do it, what the experience is like, etc.
If that's anyone on this forum, I'd be so appreciative if you could get in touch!

Thanks very much!

Chrissie McClatchie
Old Today, 11:19 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
It's something I'm open to doing---but often find that it takes a few weeks to work out the bugs. Service tends to be spotty.
Old Today, 1:26 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Another thing to consider is what truly is opening night. Many properties have soft openings a few weeks before the formal, for staff training. I've heard from acquaintances in hotel management that sometimes the guests are invited community members, relatives of staff, or booked via a friendly travel agency (with the agency hopefully clearly advising the client of the potential issues that might arise - but offers them a great price).
obscure2k and SPN Lifer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.