Wiki Posts
Search

Zucca bag and backpack as carry on?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Zucca bag and backpack as carry on?

Hi everyone,

We're travelling to New Zealand via Egypt Air, Air China and Air New Zealand. Due to time constraints in transit we have opted to take only carry on luggage. We have 2 Zucca bags and a Zucca backpack which fits on the Zucca roller bag - is it possible to take them all as carry on? 2 Zucca bags, 1 Zucca backpack - 2 persons. Any help much appreciated!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I don't know enough about the sizes of the bags, but the quantity is ok. 3 bags for 2 people is fine since the backpack, assuming it isn't huge will be considered a personal item. If the two bags fit the carry-on restrictions which you can read on your airline's website, you'll be fine
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i see lots of people bringing along a rollaboard w/a briefcase size personal item which can hold a laptop....

my wife varies the size of her "purse" up to a fairly large shopping bag....

of course, both of y'all could take 2.....

the airline sites should have info on this...
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd check each airline's policies to be sure - not all non US airlines allow 2 pieces carry on, some will allow max 1 bag, as little as 5kg weight - no idea about China or Egypt Air tho, sorry. w
May also depend what class.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I checked each airline's website and unfortunately for economy class it's basically one carry on per person with the exception of Air New Zealand you can also take a slim laptop bag - the Zucca backpack is anything but slim. Should we risk it? Worst case scenario we check in the backpack right? We're emigrating on one way tickets, maybe they'll give us some leeway? Egyptair is usually very good about these things but not sure about Air China and Air New Zealand - has anyone tried them, are they as strict as Lufthansa about these things?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are emigrating with no checked luggage?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
You are emigrating with no checked luggage?
Yup, connecting flight times are too short to risk it with checked baggage. Everything is in our container
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afrowoman
Yup, connecting flight times are too short to risk it with checked baggage. Everything is in our container
Having moved continents, I know I wouldn't have been happy without at least a few things more than I could fit in hand luggage. Your baggage will follow you, even if it doesn't make the same flight. I know from experience containers can take a long time, might make things more comfortable as you settle in to have some of your bits and pieces with you. Depending on the airline, airport, route etc. you may find that even though the connection is short, they are good at baggage connections - I've had luggage make a tight connection and me not make it before (passenger plane to plane longer distance than bag plane to plane!)

Legal connections at airports are supposed to include baggage being transferred too I think!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:55 am
Original Poster

I'm really stressed at the moment about it but also very worried about baggage delaying us in any way. I've heard Beijing airport is huge plus the language barrier and I've also heard Sydney airport is rather intimidating as well so we're stuck with what we've stuffed in our Zucca bags (they take a surprising amount of stuff). We'll buy necessities on the other side and hope & pray our container doesn't take too long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.