Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ten Years and Counting Since Last Major Crash...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ten Years and Counting Since Last Major Crash...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
A thread title such as this is an insult the memory of all the passengers who have been killed worldwide in the past 10 years.
Well I'm deeply, deeply offended that the title says "since last major crash," when literally hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in crashes (of the automobile or train variety) in that time span. Limiting this discussion to airline crashes totally trivializes all of those lives that have been lost.

Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Well I'm deeply, deeply offended that the title says "since last major crash," when literally hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in crashes (of the automobile or train variety) in that time span. Limiting this discussion to airline crashes totally trivializes all of those lives that have been lost.
I wouldn't include trains in that 100,000 category -- in 2010, 705 people were killed by trains, versus 32,000+ in auto accidents.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Science Goy

Lost again ? This is flyertalk.

hth
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Lost again ? This is flyertalk.
And this is TravelBuzz. At the moment I count 8 threads on the front page that are not specifically related to flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.