Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Drink Choices for people who don't drink much

Drink Choices for people who don't drink much

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
My DW who is not a normal social drinker decided to let loose on our TPAC to SIN. She tried the DL special of Fresca and Volka and enjoyed it some much I has to ask them for just a splash of Volka in hers while I was enjoying my Woodford reserve.
The transit hotel was a blessing to chill out for 7 hours until daylight and the morning taxis surcharge expired.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Mudslide (Bailey's, Kahlua, Vodka, milk, over ice)
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA, previously of CO.
great topic!

I was just wondering this myself recently. I'm flying my Mom down FC for Thanksgiving, and she isn't a drinker. I am trying to think of things for her to try to get the "most" out of domestic FC.

She will usually get a bloody mary with half a shot of vodka if she is going to have a drink, and she doesn't ever finish it. I'll have to suggest getting OJ with a splash of champagne, that might feel a little fancier than a bloddy mary!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
I'd suggest giving a "beer-mosa" a try. The ratios are totally up to the taste of the drinker. Basically, fill a cup half way with beer, add some oj, and tweak from there. Even add ice if that sounds good to you. Light and refreshing, you won't get too tipsy, and your daily vitamin C is an added bonus!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:40 pm

Mimosa sounds like a good choice. Something fizzy like Sprite, ice and a bit of vodka is always good. And Bailey type with milk is good if you feel coffee/chocolaty.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Cran Apple with a little vodka or Baileys on the Rocks are both good. Neither taste like alcohol but both are good.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The sweet vodka cocktails and champagne cocktails people mention are all good ideas.

Also check out an amaretto sour (amaretto + sour mix) or amaretto stone sour (amaretto + sour mix + orange juice). Huge amounts of sugar; they're the cocktails that every 17 year old girl loves. And my boyfriend too.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:08 pm

Amaretoo and sour eh. Haha, I think most guys like girly drinks in secret.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Singapore Slings are awesome if you ever get a chance to fly on SQ.
Don't really like the SQ Singapore Slings (had much better) but I usually get one just for the sake of it. Welcome change compared to the usual champagne and wine drudgery.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:55 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
mojito
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
My DW who is not a normal social drinker decided to let loose on our TPAC to SIN. She tried the DL special of Fresca and Volka and enjoyed it some much I has to ask them for just a splash of Volka in hers while I was enjoying my Woodford reserve.
Fresca and Vodka - a special? Oh my...
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
The sweet vodka cocktails and champagne cocktails people mention are all good ideas.

Also check out an amaretto sour (amaretto + sour mix) or amaretto stone sour (amaretto + sour mix + orange juice). Huge amounts of sugar; they're the cocktails that every 17 year old girl loves. And my boyfriend too.
When I was a bartender I had a regular customer who drank Amaretto and grapefruit juice. That combination sounded perfectly awful to me, but he seemed to enjoy them a lot.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:19 am

I'm also not much of a hard liquor fan, but when in certain company where it may not seem appropriate to order a margarita or daiquiri, I'm quite satisfied with

Vodka Collins (much prefer it with vodka)

Bourbon & Ginger Ale (a bartender told me scotch & ginger ale is very British, but I prefer it with bourbon)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.