Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do Any Airlines or CRSs Split a Party into Different Fare Buckets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

There have been a number of times over the years where I have seen fewer seats left in the lowest fare bucket than there are members of my party.

For example, 4 people are travelling, but there are only 3 seats left in the lower fare bucket. I can see this on Expert Flyer and make two reservations, 3 people at the cheaper price, one at the higher price.

However, if I go the the airline site, and search for 4 people travelling, everyone is booked at the higher rate.

Are there any sites that automatically split or warn of the advisability of splitting? Or are normal people who don't use Expert Flyer automatically screwed in this sort of availability scenario?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Normal people should look at the price for one person and for four people to see if there is a lower fare.

They should also look at the individual nights that make up their four night hotel stay one night at a time to see if the individual nights cost less.

Most people however don't know to do that and pay more than they have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.