Nearly empty flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nearly empty flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Off Topic: But I always liked that BP style
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by timfountain
But in all fairness, I recall GW1 and the state dept was advising against flying unless absolutely necessary. I took a CO 474 from JFK to LHR, 55 people on the whole plane (according to the CC). I had a whole row to myself, that was a quick flight....
How do FTers utilize an entire row by themselves..

In Y, I like to layout my 6'5" 260 lb frame accross the 3 seats flat.. better than J..^
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

In Y, I like to layout my 6'5" 260 lb frame accross the 3 seats flat.. better than J..^
Flew from DTW to HNL on a flight that was probably only at about 50% capacity, if that. Had the whole row on one side of one of the two aisles to myself. Sat in the aisle seat until I was ready to sleep, then sprawled across the other seats. It was nice to use the IFE in one seat to watch what I wanted, while I used another to watch the flight route and progress.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond

Definitely one time when having the exit row and non-movable arm rests is not the preferable set of seat(s).
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by musing
Definitely one time when having the exit row and non-movable arm rests is not the preferable set of seat(s).
Perhaps, maybe the leg room wasn't as roomy at one point..

I remember having seats where there were immovable armrests with trays stored inside the armrests.. but it was neither exit row nor bulkhead.. and no extra leg room.. forgot what plane we flew on, but it was this year..

Those type of seats are very unattractive..
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I always try to get this on redeyes. Helps not to feel like a zombie on the other end.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Santander
I always try to get this on redeyes. Helps not to feel like a zombie on the other end.
3 seats to yourself on a red eye is a total score..

Usually our trips out of Hawaii, are red eyes leaving.. although once we left Hawaii on a mid day departure, and I actually prefer that..

But we end up booking red eyes out of Hawaii because of availability and preferred dates..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.