Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most overrated airline in the world?

What's the most overrated airline in the world?

Old Apr 20, 15, 10:03 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
For the amount you pay, I would have to say SQ.

Don't get me wrong, they do have a good product. It's just that for the premium price, I would have expected a bit more "WOW" factor. Particularly in J.
Old Apr 20, 15, 10:11 am

Programs: *G
for reputation, TK

for price, they are fair
Old Apr 20, 15, 6:23 pm

Air Canada - the world thinks its a great airline, when it's clearly not. They're cheaping out on almost everything these days, specially in Y international. Clearly over-rated, yet it calls itself "best in north america".
Old Apr 21, 15, 9:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by deniah View Post
for reputation, TK

for price, they are fair
I guess this is the reflection of their IST lounge.
TK reputation benefits a lot from it.
Old Apr 21, 15, 12:00 pm

I'll say Emirates. The food was mediocre. The wine, while expensive, was mostly not very good including in first and the first lounge. Their hub is in the middle of nowhere, the internet is sensored by the religious extremists in the place in which they chose to put their hub, the amenities in your pod don't get replaced with what was in there to start with.

For what it's supposed to be, it's really not.
Old Apr 21, 15, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
I'd agree with LH.

I took them ORD-FRA a few years ago in Y on one of their 744s and was not impressed at all. No IFE, narrow seats, inattentive cabin crew, lackluster food, etc. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and presume that a more up to date aircraft would have offered a much better experience. I'm sure they're fantastic in the premium classes, but they're not any better than the US carriers in peasant class.
Old Apr 22, 15, 7:00 am

I'll go with Emirates (F and J). Decent to quite good seats but the food is somewhat below average and I really don't gel with the service 'style' of the FA's at all, I find them somewhat rude and condescending. I'm batting at about 90% for delayed by at least half an hour with them as well which doesn't help.
Old Apr 22, 15, 7:13 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
LH F. While a very solid product it is not the best. I think people are more entranced with the car to the plane thing then the actual flight. Food is always good but not above good. Service is nice but not over the top.

I have experience many more Intl F products that are superior.
Old Apr 22, 15, 7:20 am

LH. Not as good as they used to be.
Old Apr 22, 15, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA S; Hyatt E;
Originally Posted by cdn1 View Post
Air Canada - the world thinks its a great airline, when it's clearly not. They're cheaping out on almost everything these days, specially in Y international. Clearly over-rated, yet it calls itself "best in north america".
They don't have a lot of competition from North American carriers...
Old Apr 22, 15, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by cdn1 View Post
Have you flown a US based airline? AC is not the best airlines in the world but clearly the best North American airline. AC just did not call it self the Best North American airline, FF voted them the Best North American airline. This is a big difference.
Old Apr 22, 15, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
Have you flown a US based airline? AC is not the best airlines in the world but clearly the best North American airline. AC just did not call it self the Best North American airline, FF voted them the Best North American airline. This is a big difference.
lol, someone has ventured pretty far from the usual defending of AC in the confines of the AC forum to defend their favourite airline

Have you even flown Air Canada international Y the poster was describing?
How can you not call that over-rated? Its probably the worst TATL Y product around - next to maybe the likes of SATA,Transat and United.
Old Apr 22, 15, 5:33 pm

Air Canada! The fact that this airline continually wins these bogus awards is all the more reason to list them as #1.
Old Apr 22, 15, 8:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
SQ Price/Value complete mismatch
Old Apr 22, 15, 10:05 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, now a happy free agent
I personally found my first B6 experience to be quite overrated. It was clear on boarding that the aircraft had seen better days, and the satellite TVs were of the older generation and were not in the best condition. Additionally, I found JFK T5 to be quite underwhelming compared with other terminals I have been to recently.

Search this Thread