Oatmeal on airplanes

Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Doesn't even look like Airplane food..

Which airline offered this?

I imagine on J?
The AA logo is visible on the cup And yes, it is the F/J int'l breakfast (AA serves the same food in F as in J for the most part).

Lots of airlines offer Bircher Muesli (which is muesli soaked in yoghurt with dried fruit and nuts, a step up from oatmeal). At least in F, and it doesn't seem to be a very popular choice. Healthy food rarely gets ordered on airplanes.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
The AA logo is visible on the cup And yes, it is the F/J int'l breakfast (AA serves the same food in F as in J for the most part).

Lots of airlines offer Bircher Muesli (which is muesli soaked in yoghurt with dried fruit and nuts, a step up from oatmeal). At least in F, and it doesn't seem to be a very popular choice. Healthy food rarely gets ordered on airplanes.
Like I said on my previous post.. I'm green and don't recognize the logo..

At Moon Palace near Cancun couple of days ago.. Shakira was doing a performance..

Who's Shakira?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by dd992emo
I think it would be neat for airplanes to serve a shot of tequila with lime and the option of a beer chaser. It would be a great start on morning flights. Another option is bourbon with Hershey Kisses. This could be a great way to start the day and the airlines could give it complimentary or at a reduced cost as Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels could get into a deal with the airlines.
Will you marry me?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by DillMan
Will you marry me?
If you can get it legalized in Alabama you're a better man than I. We could talk about a pre-nup, I guess...
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:25 pm

Dont they sell oatmeal in those single serve cups? Just take some with you and ask the FA for some hot water.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
From the thread title, I was expecting a link to this. The Oatmeal on airplanes:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/airplane

Sometimes before a morning flight I buy the McDonald's oatmeal, which is really just a goopy sweet substance that is an insult to oatmeal everywhere.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Trader Joe's has a great frozen steelcut oatmeal that you drop in a bowl, heat, and it's almost as good as homemade. Not exceptionally cheap ($3 for 2 servings, I think?) but it seems easy for an airline to adapt and put together with a little sugar, milk, and berries.

As mentioned, if you want oatmeal, AA is where it's at. Frequently offered as a breakfast choice on mid-cons. Strangely, it's usually absent from the transcon breakfast menu, where the cereal/vegetarian option is more likely to be Special K. It's wonderful to see something reasonably healthy as an airline food option, and it's pretty tasty too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.