Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does this look ok? Big convoluted hiking trip: ICN-ARN-DLM-SAW-KTM-AMM-DXB-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Does this look ok? Big convoluted hiking trip: ICN-ARN-DLM-SAW-KTM-AMM-DXB-LAX

I am going hiking! For a long time! Sweden (600km), Turkey (1000km), Nepal (Everest Freaking Base Camp), and Jordan (or Egypt.. or both). My guess is that my trip is A) too short and B) not circular enough to take advantage of a RTW deal.

$600 Seoul ICN- Stockholm ARN 8/15 (Aeroflot) (already purchased)
$204 Stockholm ARN- Dalaman, Turkey DLM 9/16 (Turkish Air)
$315 Istanbul SAW- Kathmandu KTM 10/31 (Flydubai)
$269 Kathmandu KTM- Amman AMM 11/15 (Flydubai)
$146 Amman AMM- Dubai DXB 11/23 (Flydubai)
$664 Dubai DXB- Los Angeles LAX 11/24 (Aeroflot)

Total $2198 + $200 travel insurance - $1100 employer reimbursement = $1298. Should I book now, or wait? Surely, these prices are not likely to drop any further. But they maybe won't rise, considering that I was able to get similar fares on almost every leg flying next week. Except nobody flies to KTM in the summer, and EVERYONE goes in October. My itinerary is obviously rough and likely to change at any time (such as five minutes ago when I noticed that adding a trip to Jordan was only about $100 more than flying straight KTM-LAX).

Any easy ways to track 2010 fares since I am flying to many "seasonal" locations? Even better, is it possible, maybe, to book a flight and then show up DAYS EARLY to fly standby? Also if you've got any other awesome season-appropriate long-distance treks that would extend my trip while barely costing anything... I could be down.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
dxb-lax might be cheaper a week before/after thanks giving....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.