Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing vs Airbus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Boeing vs Airbus

Friends I want know from experts here, what is bestists to fly?

Safety much important, these days speciall, because each life of us have only two arms two legs one private things, and one head and one life each. So because designs different which is safety the most? Airbus much like computer Mac yes? But Boeing much like more PC for skill pilots but much more controlls?

What is different and what has safety?

I want to know because i from europe.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Flying on both type of aircraft is sufficiently safe, same with Embraer etc. No preference, really, other than that I prefer the A32x interiors over the B737 as the aircraft is a bit wider, which can be used to give wider seats or wider aisles, both of which come in useful.

I'm not convinced it is a useful debate.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PP; Hilton Gold
This is the type of thread that has a tendency to quickly become nonconstructive...

Anyway, there is no correct answer to the question posed by the OP. Both manufacturers make excellent airplanes and each individual customer (be it an airline or the end user, the person sitting on the plane) will have their own preferences for one reason or another. There are way too many variables to make an accurate comparison of their safety, because so many accidents are not directly caused by malfunctions in the plane itself.

I think most rational FTers would agree that both manufacturers build planes that they would be perfectly comfortable on, and that the real differentiation in the flying experience comes from the choice of airline.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're a passenger, it doesn't matter. Pilots tend to have opinions over which they like better.

I like flying in Boeing planes because the windows are bigger, but I don't care that much.

Originally Posted by pacer142
I'm not convinced it is a useful debate.
Agreed
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by I FROM EUROPE

Safety much important, these days speciall, because each life of us have only two arms two legs one private things, and one head and one life each. So because designs different which is safety the most? Airbus much like computer Mac yes? But Boeing much like more PC for skill pilots but much more controlls?

*My vote for silliest troll thread of the year...

but all that being said...........i from America, I think Boeing is bestists! Very PC, better than MAC.. thank you. ^
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:06 am

Successful troll is successful?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Derrico
*My vote for silliest troll thread of the year...
Doesn't strike me as a troll, but there will probably be a few popping up to answer. The best to fly is a Grumman, but failing that Boeing or Airbus really doesn't matter.
Airbus much like computer Mac yes?
Could be worse; could be Windows.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Could be worse; could be Windows.
Hehe, could you imagine if your airliner were run by Windows?

"Ladies and gentlemen, your captain speaking. You may have noticed that the engines have stopped. We got a blue screen up here, so we have to shut down and restart the aircraft. Don't worry, we can glide for quite some distance and should have things restarted in no time. When the system reboots your oxygen masks may drop; this is nothing to worry about. Thanks for flying Windows Airlines."
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
either is perfectly safe. i want to be in the plane that gets me from A to B in the least amount of time
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

OK Windows yes old windows blue screen I understand, but I mean this. Mac is like Airbus - complete computer controls all nice and smooth marketing, but like PC, Boeing is user costom, can add, take away, tweaker it here there see?

Beoing has pilot in control but Airbus has computers in control like Terminator. When pilot wishes control terminsators say "NO! WE ARE I CONTROL"

See?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
And the biggest cause of plane crashes is...human error! It goes both ways.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Beoing vs Airbus
Beoing has pilot in control but Airbus has computers in control like Terminator....
It is spelled Boeing.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:02 pm

I don't care as long it goes from where I am to where I want to be.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pacer142
And the biggest cause of plane crashes is...human error! It goes both ways.
So much talk of bestist about control factors. Error from computer but Mistake from pilot in English yes? Well mistake happen 1 control tower 2 machinery engineer 3. mechanicals but when pilot which bests?

Mistake pilot? Or Computer Errors? Airbus = Computer Errors + Mistake pilot but Beoing = Mistake pilot only see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.