favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by paulfoel
She was arguing with the border control officer that she didnt need a visa (I think he would have known). Then she got out her mobile/cellphone to speak to her friend and the immigration guy politely asked her (ABOUT 15 TIMES!) not to use the phone while he was speaking to her and not in this secure area. In the end, she started on the - dont you know I'm a US Citizen etc!!!!!! From what I overheard, sounded like she was going to be put on the next plane back to the US.
There's a reason that the signs at Immigration at Heathrow said for a while 'EU/EEA passports' and 'Rest of World (including US citizens)'... sigh.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by houserulz77
All of these references to the phrase, "I'll never fly this airline again," drive me nuts.

Our society has been conditioned to hate airlines. This conditioning is due in large part to the media, who manages to vilify a bunch of companies that rarely turn a profit, offer a tremendous value, and comply with some of the strictest regulations anywhere.

When was the last time you heard any of these:

1) After a bad movie "I'll never see a film from that studio again."
2) After being told the kitchen has sold out of the special "I'll never go to that place again."
3) After having to wait an hour for the Doctor "I'll never see that guy again."
4) After forking over 200$ to take the kids to the ballpark where the home team gets beat 5-0 "I'll never support this team again."
5) After the weather man tells you at 8am it won't rain, and then it pours at Noon "I'll never watch that station again."

People seem to tolerate less then perfect experiences from almost any industry, but yet airlines are afforded no leeway.
+2 Hear, hear. He gets it.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:43 am

Does "I'll never fly this airline again" carry more weight of the person that is saying it has been on 100+ flights? 50+?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:53 am

I'm not one to shamelessly rip stuff from other websites, but there are some real doozies in this thread on A.net.

A couple of highlights:

Working the Avro RJ-85 as we taxi out to depart, a 20-something woman literally SCREAMS "The wing is falling off!!!" when the flaps came down. It took us a while to calm everyone down. Keep in mind this was also the woman who insisted her seat was broken because her seat cushion was a little crooked when she got on.
I have a great one.,..My partner was working the dinner cart on an AA flight JFK-SDQ. They get to the rear of the plane, and they ran out of Chicken. So his co-worker tells the man, I am so sorry sir, we only have pasta, my partner is unfolding the foil to pasta, and the passenger says, "i want chicken"...So the female FA says it again, Sir, we ran out of chicken, it seems it's popular tonight. So the passenger says again.. "I want the chicken..look it says it on my ticket"..so the FA says, sir this must be something new, so he proceeds to take out his Boarding Pass, and says...look..right here.."Checkin required". You have to put an accent on this TRUE story folks...the FA bursts out laughing, my partner had to abandon the aisle, by time was all said and done nearly everyone on the A300 was laughing. So the FA finally says, sir..that says CHECKIN REQUIRED, not CHICKEN REQUIRED.. Needless to say, he said I will have a coke and never ate the dinner....poor guy! Funny as hell though.
The funniest thing I have ever heard from a passenger came when I snagged a cockpit flight on a 320 from LHR to VIE. This was pre 9/11 so cockpit visit requests were usually granted. A very pleasant middle aged lady came into the cockpit and stated that she had flown all her life and never seen the front of a plane. The captain explained what the CRT's were showing, the buttons overhead etc. After a couple of minutes she thanked the captain for his time and then turned to the FO and asked:

'AND WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?'

I swear if that thing wasn't on Auto I think the female FO might have crashed her 'bus. She was dumbstruck. To this day I wished the FO replied 'I'm a hairdresser. Just giving the Captain a little trim'
"Is the ice cold?"

"What channel is channel 9 on?"

"Do you have a microwave on board?"

"Do you have a blender on board?"

And my personal favorite - "So, what do you do for a living?" This was asked of me while I was standing in full uniform in the aft galley, preparing the carts for a second beverage service.
Hilarious stuff.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marlborobell
There's a reason that the signs at Immigration at Heathrow said for a while 'EU/EEA passports' and 'Rest of World (including US citizens)'... sigh.
I did listen to a rather impressive justification for a (perfectly aware of rules and signs I have no doubt) US citizen using the EU line once, very politely 'Oh, but I thought as I was in Europe, EU was referring of course to Etats Unis, French for United States'. Hey, they processed the guy rather than sending him to the back of the line!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by emma69
I did listen to a rather impressive justification for a (perfectly aware of rules and signs I have no doubt) US citizen using the EU line once, very politely 'Oh, but I thought as I was in Europe, EU was referring of course to Etats Unis, French for United States'. Hey, they processed the guy rather than sending him to the back of the line!
^
Cela prendra "chutzpah"
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
^
Cela prendra "chutzpah"
The French for 'and keep a straight face' escapes me!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO 1.5 MM, Hilton Diamond
I was on a flight out of CVG a number of years ago when a lady asked the FA, "Can we roll the windows down?"
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Smile Oh those d*** facts!

Originally Posted by planemechanic
Maybe the Palin's were there on vacation that day. Was there a large bus anywhere nearby? She has amazing eyesight, dontyaknow!

I assume you believe Palin has amazing eyesight because she said she could see Russia from her house.

If you care about the truth, Palin never said it. Tina Fey, the Palin imitator on SNL, said that line while imitating Palin.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Reno_Tom_P2
I assume you believe Palin has amazing eyesight because she said she could see Russia from her house.

If you care about the truth, Palin never said it. Tina Fey, the Palin imitator on SNL, said that line while imitating Palin.
If you care about the truth, Fey was laughing at a similar statement by Palin:
http://articles.boston.com/2008-09-2...foreign-policy
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL, I know what she said, and it was bad enough, but I was making a joke, not an historical documentary.

Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by emma69
The French for 'and keep a straight face' escapes me!
Sang-froid.....?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Smile A little true history

Originally Posted by orthar
The article you linked to says "Palin's foreign policy experience came up when she gave her first major interview, on Sept. 11 to ABC News. Asked what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she said: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." This is a true starement since Palin says from an island. So are you claiming Tina Fey laughed about Palin speaking the truth?

Or is this quote from http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...e!-Sarah-Palin more true?

"It was actually comedian Tina Fey, who was impersonating Ms. Palin on Saturday Night Live, who uttered the line that is now widely attributed to the former Alaska governor.

The basis for this line comes from a September 2008 interview with ABC News's Charles Gibson, who asked Palin what insights she had from her state being so close to Russia. She responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

This is true. As Slate has pointed out, on a clear day, those on the Alaskan island of Little Diomede can see the Russian island of Big Diomede, located across the International Date Line some two and a half miles away. Given that Big Diomede has no permanent population, the amount of foreign policy experience one can gain from staring at it is debatable. But you can see Russian soil while standing in Alaska."
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MN Traveling Man
I was on a regional jet - 50 seater with no FC. I'm in row 2, and a guy walks in the front of the plane, back several rows, then asks someone "where is row 1"?

He ultimately was able to find it right in the front of the plane.
Lol, had the same thing happen last month on ORD-NRT.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could see the US from my old apartment on a clear day - but to claim it gives you any insight into foreign policy is the scary bit!

Originally Posted by orthar
The article you linked to says "Palin's foreign policy experience came up when she gave her first major interview, on Sept. 11 to ABC News. Asked what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she said: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." This is a true starement since Palin says from an island. So are you claiming Tina Fey laughed about Palin speaking the truth?

Or is this quote from http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...e!-Sarah-Palin more true?

"It was actually comedian Tina Fey, who was impersonating Ms. Palin on Saturday Night Live, who uttered the line that is now widely attributed to the former Alaska governor.

The basis for this line comes from a September 2008 interview with ABC News's Charles Gibson, who asked Palin what insights she had from her state being so close to Russia. She responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

This is true. As Slate has pointed out, on a clear day, those on the Alaskan island of Little Diomede can see the Russian island of Big Diomede, located across the International Date Line some two and a half miles away. Given that Big Diomede has no permanent population, the amount of foreign policy experience one can gain from staring at it is debatable. But you can see Russian soil while standing in Alaska."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.