Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO PLAT, Marriott PLAT
Originally Posted by tentseller
That question happen at King's Wharf in Bermuda after getting off our cruise ship. It was asked by a couple from Denver who we met over breakfast. I said 8ft. Guy ask how did I know with such certainty. So I pointed to markings on the bow of the ship.
Amazing.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
That question happen at King's Wharf in Bermuda after getting off our cruise ship. It was asked by a couple from Denver who we met over breakfast. I said 8ft. Guy ask how did I know with such certainty. So I pointed to markings on the bow of the ship.
Originally Posted by termlimit
Amazing.
Upon further discussion with them, all cities, town in CO has arrival sign with the population and elevation noted. The elevation can change by thousands of feet within a hour of driving.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Geek007
Thanks! It took 3 months of dealing with the court system, making constant trips out west, and time to bring her home. It took me a minute to stop myself from punching him in the face. Something about assault charges that prevented me from doing just that.

Idiot also happened to be on our flight and sitting 3 rows behind me in business. I pulled out the ipad and showed her Fruit Ninja and a few other games and the idiot made a comment about kids in business class and Fruit Ninja not being suitable for a kid that age to his travel companion.

For the record she was great on the flight. Was quiet for the most part and since I kept her entertained.
So sorry to hear about your loss and her loss, but it sounds like you're on your way to making it all work out and giving her a good, loving home.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Note: My cousin died about 3 months ago leaving us her 3 y/o daughter. We just got the adoption finalized after everything worked out. I brought her home Sunday from SEA-ORD. She's got some emotional issues and calls me by my first name. Plus she's very clingy. I'm also going from 0 kids to 1 kid.

At the TSA check point-
Kid says "Geek, do we have to go to Chicago? I want to stay here with aunt jane waiting for mommy to come back"
Me: "Remember sweetie Mommy's gone, she's not coming back, you get to live with me now".
Idiot behind me: "Where did her Mommy go, you're not kidnapping her, are you?"
Me: "Her Mom died, I'm bringing her home to live with me, and please MYOB"
Idiot: "Just making sure your not kidnapping her".
Me:"Please MYOB"
Oh, I hope I never have to read another post like this, it made me want to cry. It sounds as though she couldn't be in better hands than yours under the circumstances. All the best with bringing her up.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Oh, I hope I never have to read another post like this, it made me want to cry. It sounds as though she couldn't be in better hands than yours under the circumstances. All the best with bringing her up.
BadgerBoi.. you emotional? Wow, never knew that side of you..

To Geek007.. my deepest condolences for you and your new child's loss.. hopefully, things will get settled.. You've got a big heart to raise a child.. takes alot..
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

dammit, I just outed myself
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, United

To Geek007.. my deepest condolences for you and your new child's loss.. hopefully, things will get settled.. You've got a big heart to raise a child.. takes alot..
Thanks guys! I'm still getting used to this "I'm a parent" thing. It's going to be a challenge. MrGeek007 and I are up for it, it's nice to have her home.

I'm already looking at enrolling her in Mileage Plus. This kid's gonna be a frequent flyer. Hey, if she's going to fly I should be able to at least get her some miles right?

This guy seemed to be one of those people who was in everyone's business and was one of those arrogant individuals. Idiot was talking in his cell as soon as we landed and was doing it loudly talking about some big deal he had. Really wanted to shove his cell phone up his rear end.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You haven't signed her up for a frequent flyer program yet? What kind of a flyer talker are you?

Best of luck to all of you.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks guys! I'm still getting used to this "I'm a parent" thing. It's going to be a challenge. MrGeek007 and I are up for it, it's nice to have her home.

I'm already looking at enrolling her in Mileage Plus. This kid's gonna be a frequent flyer. Hey, if she's going to fly I should be able to at least get her some miles right?

This guy seemed to be one of those people who was in everyone's business and was one of those arrogant individuals. Idiot was talking in his cell as soon as we landed and was doing it loudly talking about some big deal he had. Really wanted to shove his cell phone up his rear end.
Any questions post it on here.. or pm.. We're here to support you..

I didn't think I could do it.. when my first born appeared, I thought to myself.. How am I ever going to raise a son, who's totally dependent on me.. it was mesemerizing.. but instincts will start kicking in, with support from all sides..

Be willing and open for help and advice.. seek it when you need it..
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:53 pm

Congratulations on setting a fine example to your new little three year old daughter by not doing that - tempting though it might have been.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Congratulations on setting a fine example to your new little three year old daughter by not doing that - tempting though it might have been.
Yes.. Life has changed for Mr. Dad.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Any questions post it on here.. or pm.. We're here to support you..

I didn't think I could do it.. when my first born appeared, I thought to myself.. How am I ever going to raise a son, who's totally dependent on me.. it was mesemerizing.. but instincts will start kicking in, with support from all sides..

Be willing and open for help and advice.. seek it when you need it..
+1. Please feel free to PM me. I think my husband put it best when our son was born, "It's the most amazing and devastating thing at the same time."

Almost 7 years later it's extraordinary how we can barely remember life before him, and it does get easier. 3 is a difficult age. They call them the "Terrible Twos" but they actually extend till 4. Of course you poor niece is going through a lot, which will just add to her difficulties.

Good luck and God bless.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by janehoya
+1. Please feel free to PM me. I think my husband put it best when our son was born, "It's the most amazing and devastating thing at the same time."

Almost 7 years later it's extraordinary how we can barely remember life before him, and it does get easier. 3 is a difficult age. They call them the "Terrible Twos" but they actually extend till 4. Of course you poor niece is going through a lot, which will just add to her difficulties.

Good luck and God bless.
Once in preschool.. they weren't too bad..

Just when they go through 2.. and my one year old is going to turn 2 Christmas Eve.. They are constantly exploring the entire house.. So parents become real busy bodies monitoring the kid constantly..

Once in private school.. my 5 year old received the direction he needed, and is excelling at the challenging programme that is provided..
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:54 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Note: My cousin died about 3 months ago leaving us her 3 y/o daughter. We just got the adoption finalized after everything worked out. I brought her home Sunday from SEA-ORD. She's got some emotional issues and calls me by my first name. Plus she's very clingy. I'm also going from 0 kids to 1 kid.

At the TSA check point-
Kid says "Geek, do we have to go to Chicago? I want to stay here with aunt jane waiting for mommy to come back"
Me: "Remember sweetie Mommy's gone, she's not coming back, you get to live with me now".
Idiot behind me: "Where did her Mommy go, you're not kidnapping her, are you?"
Me: "Her Mom died, I'm bringing her home to live with me, and please MYOB"
Idiot: "Just making sure your not kidnapping her".
Me:"Please MYOB"
I would never be so boorish as to do what the “idiot” did, but if I had, I would have gotten the message loud and clear after you said “Her Mom died, I'm bringing her home to live with me, and please MYOB” — not to mention being so embarrassed that the color would probably drain from my face, followed by my apologizing to you profusely.

His response, however, says all I need to know about his character.

It is heartbreaking to learn about what the 3-year-old daughter of your cousin went through, and I am sorry to learn about the death of your cousin. However — as there is usually a bright side to every tragedy — I have a feeling that your raising her will actually give her a second chance at a happy life.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
This happened just 3 weeks ago and is about an Immigration funny:

I just returned to the US using Global Entry for the first time. There were long lines at both immigration and customs at ATL but I loved breezing right through.

Funniest part was after checking in at the kiosk and receiving my receipt there was only one person working with the immigration officer at the crew line so I decided to wait behind the yellow line. As soon as I did that about a dozen people waiting in the huge line at the next open desk, about 15 feet away, started hooting and hollering at me to "get in line," "no jumping lines," and so on. It got pretty raucus.

Fortunately, the officer in my crew line heard and exited his cubicle and approached the group. As he did so he glanced at my held receipt and passport and simply waved me through. As I left I heard him announce loudly, "Ladies and gentlemen, unless you are wearing a badge you have no say in who gets to use the immigration lines nor how they are processed....."

The next day I had time to stop in at the GE enrollment office in MCO and related the incident. The two officers there, whom I knew from my sign up, thought it was wonderful that the ATL officer did that. They enjoyed a nice laugh for the day and encouraged me to write to the regional chief, which I did.

When I go to Canada (at YYZ anyhow) and get to the Immigration/Customs area, there are maybe a dozen windows and one of them is the "French Speaking" window. I don't speak a word of French, but people being the morons they are, line up at all the other lines and do not for the "French" line. Except the person at the French line also speaks English and there is no rule that you have to speak French to get in that line. Duh. So I always get in it.

I have even had Kettles line up behind me, look up confused at the sign hanging from the ceiling that says "French Speaking Line", and grumble as they move back into another longer line.

I swear, nobody takes the time to stop and think anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.