Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Flying tomorrow, genuinely excited!

Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Well, I thought I would share that I'm flying tomorrow.

Last time I flew was this time last year, so this has probably been the longest stretch of my life w/o flying (damn)...

And for some reason I am genuinely excited. I mean, rreeeaalllyyy excited.

I'm also flying Lufthansa, one of my favorite airlines (ever since I was a kid and they gave me those mini Lufthansa planes you could put together).

Does anyone else get this stupidly excited about flying? I genuinely feel like a child, and just can't wait! It's like returning to sex after a period of abstinence

But seriously, it's great. Also, does anyone have any advice on how to fully enjoy a Lufthansa economy class flight?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Ah! Aviation..

Flying still excites me.. even though I'm been on a plane numerous times..

A hassle to pack, go to the airport.. security..

administraiton of tickets, schedules, rental vehicles, kids, luggages, hotels..

But.. still excites me too.^
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: SQ Kris Flyer Gold
Hi there Fried Chicken,

I have not travelled on LH for a few years now. The last time I travelled with LH was in 2007 from LHR-FRA-VNO-FRA-LHR. I enjoyed their services even though I was flying in their Y class in Europe. I find their Magazin very interesting with very good travel articles and others as well.

I suppose those of us who realllllllyyyyyy enjoy travelling will get mega excited about it. For me I will become mega excited especially if I am going to somewhere I have never been before. It is OK to feel child-like when you are excited just make sure it does not become childish!! haha!!

Where do you travel from and where is your destination? Are you going for vacation or for business? Anyways, have a safe and enjoyable trip. Take great care and have a brilliant summer.

Yours sincerely,
DEREK
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moon River
Hi there Fried Chicken,

I have not travelled on LH for a few years now. The last time I travelled with LH was in 2007 from LHR-FRA-VNO-FRA-LHR. I enjoyed their services even though I was flying in their Y class in Europe. I find their Magazin very interesting with very good travel articles and others as well.

I suppose those of us who realllllllyyyyyy enjoy travelling will get mega excited about it. For me I will become mega excited especially if I am going to somewhere I have never been before. It is OK to feel child-like when you are excited just make sure it does not become childish!! haha!!

Where do you travel from and where is your destination? Are you going for vacation or for business? Anyways, have a safe and enjoyable trip. Take great care and have a brilliant summer.

Yours sincerely,
DEREK
Going to Germany for two months, gonna explore the Kieler Woche!

You know how old people have that IV drip thing they always carry around with them,
well mine is going to be IV alcohol and I'm gonna have it with me for 2 straight months.

So yeah, definitely vacation.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flying still excites me too. The feeling of soaring and knowing I've left all my cares and worries behind and no one knows who I am up there is unparalleled.

I hope you have a great trip and am glad you've broken your dry spell! Don't let it be this long before you get on a flight again.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:01 pm

I haven't done CO BF, yet, but have three flights booked in that class.

It's certainly turned a tedious 10h TATL flight into something to look forward to.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Flying still excites me too. The feeling of soaring and knowing I've left all my cares and worries behind and no one knows who I am up there is unparalleled.
Sorry if this has been done before, but from Gordon Lightfoot's "Early
Mornin' Rain, which kind of sums it up for me:

"Hear the mighty engines roar, see the silver wing on high
She's away and westward bound, far above the clouds she'll fly
Where the mornin' rain don't fall and the sun always shines
She'll be flyin' o'er my home in about three hours time"

Even with everything that's happened with air travel over the last ten
or so years, it's still what it was, imo. I'm 100% with you in your sentiments.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:27 am

I'm going to be flying with Ryanair very shortly so no, I'm not that excited at all! I've never flown with them before so am actually pretty nervous about how bad it might be.

On the other hand, I am very excited about my holiday!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying on Continental tonight. I don't relish the idea of being a non-status flier this evening.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Just landed with Lufthansa. What an airline!

They literally saved my life from my vicious nosebleed,
they provided me copious amounts of alcohol,
the passenger next to me had a birthday the day before, and all on their own they came and provided him Champagne and a signature Lufthansa rose and Mozart Kugeln.
The younger flight attendants were straight up supermodels, fluent in every language spoken on this planet.

What an airline. I mean, *what* an airline.

Too bad I'm flying back on continental...... :/ gaahhh, Maybe they'll have overbooked, and then they'll offer me a voucher to fly on Lufthansa. I would take it
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: PC RA, Flying Club Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lousie
I'm going to be flying with Ryanair very shortly so no, I'm not that excited at all! I've never flown with them before so am actually pretty nervous about how bad it might be.

On the other hand, I am very excited about my holiday!
Love it!!

Had 2 flights with them recently and as long as your expectations aren't too high you'll be fine!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by huwjames
Love it!!

Had 2 flights with them recently and as long as your expectations aren't too high you'll be fine!
Ryanair had a bit of bad publicity during the ash cloud from Iceland..

I agree not to draw conclusions until actually having flown with airline..
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:07 am

I'm a 1K on United, but still get excited every time I fly. Just finished a trip CLT-MUC-IST on LH. The service was good, the plane was well maintained and Munich is much easier to transit than Frankfurt. Besides, "it's the journey, not the destination"! Enjoy.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Virtuoso
Ah, Kieler Woche. I went in 2003 when I did a summer abroad program in Eutin. Fun times! I bungee jumped for the first (and only!) time. I am flying LH next week and am pretty dang excited about it too!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: JMB Diamond, Hilton Silver, UAL
I still genuinely enjoy it as well, and also think Lufthansa is excellent.

I don't like the show of security and going through the hassle of getting to the airport, parking, etc.... but once I am on the plane, I am usually a pretty happy person.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.