Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 Ways You’re Ruining My Business Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by umustbjokim
Hmmm, should I be insulted - in a couple of the cases, could have been referencing me?!
If I have ever unwittingly encountered the author of that article while traveling, I kind of hope I ruined his travel day by reclining my seat 1/3 of the way or, in the unlikely event that I was in F, boarding before he did.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Question: Is it really that important to get on the plane first?..

I always wait last before boarding the plane with my kids and wife.. It just makes the most sense for us..
If you have a carry on getting on first guarantees overhead space.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
lol @ this dbag. Oh no, those self important JERKS want to recline the seat they paid for!? You're right, they should be uncomfortable so you can have easier access to your laptop. Wait, who is self important? I hope this guy gets a body cavity search from the TSA on his next trip.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
my counter point for #1

if your BP says Group 8, get the eff out of my way and I won't have to steamroll you like a fullback taking out a CB and while we are at it What the Eff are you doing anywhere near the boarding line with that Group 8 BP - doofus
I don't fly airlines with 'boarding groups' and was a little bemused at the rugby scrum in front of the one [and long may it be only!] Soutwest flight. Heck I didn't know how it all worked, and nor was there any announcement or signs to educate me! Not even sure I could have told you where a 'boarding group' appears on a boarding pass (given random numbers appear on most BPs) Some of the procedures really are bewildering if they aren't your norm, no matter how often you fly!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by emma69
I don't fly airlines with 'boarding groups' and was a little bemused at the rugby scrum in front of the one [and long may it be only!] Soutwest flight.
Huh? Most airlines board by some type of group. Exactly what airlines use the "OK everyone line up and board randomly" approach?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by emma69
I don't fly airlines with 'boarding groups' and was a little bemused at the rugby scrum in front of the one [and long may it be only!] Soutwest flight. Heck I didn't know how it all worked, and nor was there any announcement or signs to educate me! Not even sure I could have told you where a 'boarding group' appears on a boarding pass (given random numbers appear on most BPs) Some of the procedures really are bewildering if they aren't your norm, no matter how often you fly!
Seriously???

While 95% of my flights are on AA which has boarding groups; I've flown enough others to know that they have groups as well. I believe UA/DL do. Doesn't WN have those ABC groups, and to make it kettle proof they even have those lanes to stand in. Seems pretty simple to me

Why do I have to get on first, well if I'm in a bulkhead.. I need OH space, Even in F, there is limited space if you don't want to swim upstream upon arrival to get your stuff. With planes being packed now a days, no way do I want to board with the last 1/3 of the plane

In the good ole days, I tried to be the last one on the plane as there was always plenty of room. Not any more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.