Reload this Page >

A tribute to Moms who raised a Flyertalker this Mother's Day

Old May 8, 11, 2:18 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold

I'm a Mama's boy, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It can be difficult to find something unique to do on Mother's Day to show them how much they really mean to you. So, this cherished day for the women who birthed and raised their children, I decided to show my love for my Mom by putting it out there on the world wide web.

That was the headline & article, or so I’d like to think, back in the early- to mid-1980s in suburban Chicago. The story is true, actually, and I know exactly who did it. It was my Mom, and I will always be grateful for having such an unconditionally loving mother that she’d risk trespass charges to get her United-loving son something unique for his birthday.
The full story can be found on my blog, and it's a true one. My Mom literally snuck into United's world headquarters in the 1980s to buy a few things from the employee gift shop. She got in undetected and was able to buy some United Airlines logo items to give me a birthday to remember. It was amazing, and I still remember it to this day. What did she buy? I got a United Airlines dual time zone watch and a Boeing 727 poster that birthday, and I will never forget what she went through to get it.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

Last edited by UNITED863; May 8, 11 at 9:46 am
Old May 8, 11, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Happy Mother's Day to all FT Moms and wives!
Old May 9, 11, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Sounds like an awesome birthday ^ Thanks for posting!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: