Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the best domestic airline cancellation policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:56 am
Original Poster

I'm flying from Los Angeles to Washington DC. I plan on leaving May 19 and returning May 22. Because of my schedule, I often have to change around flight days/times. As far as the cheap coach tickets I usually get, is there a domestic airline that is most flexible with changes? Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
WN as always.

Unless you hold a top tier elite status with an airline.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by garykung
WN as always.

Unless you hold a top tier elite status with an airline.
Top tier doesn't even help that much with the usual change/cancellation fees -- mainly helps for award-related travel.

WN really is head and shoulders above the rest.

One alternative is to book an award ticket, since changing the schedule (without changing the routing) is usually free within one year of booking.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by maize&blue
Top tier doesn't even help that much with the usual change/cancellation fees -- mainly helps for award-related travel.

WN really is head and shoulders above the rest.

One alternative is to book an award ticket, since changing the schedule (without changing the routing) is usually free within one year of booking.
Agreed on all counts as barring bereavement, mx and weather waivers, status won't help unless someone bend the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.