Search

Hotel Pet Peeves - your help needed here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Shower Heads like this (Northern Brazil). Water and 230v a perfect mixture:

Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Will wait til it's FF friendly. IE has known security issues and I don't bother with it.

Hotel peeve: prices listed on web page mysteriously don't appear on reservation agent's screen. I'm not talking about "web only" specials. The ressie agent always has this "oh, I don't know anything about that price" attitude. This happened yesterday with a well-known mouse-driven resort in Florida.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pcolaboy
I took the survey.

Additional peeve:

At checkin - not observing preferences, e.g., high floor, away from noisy street. I always make my preferences known when making the online reservation, pertaining to the particular property. Sometimes (not regularly) the room assignment is "way off". It is usually corrected when I speak up about it. I never point out that my preferences were clearly posted - that's just too impolite for me.
We'll make a note of this one for the next survey. It makes zero sense for the information to be recorded and then ignored.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by JDErickson
Shower Heads like this (Northern Brazil). Water and 230v a perfect mixture:

Was that rigged at Saddam's request?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Originally Posted by jspira
Apologies for the difficulties with Chrome and FF but please use IE for the time being as it works perfectly.

We are waiting for a resolution from the software vendor as this is a new problem and we have used their products before without an issue.

I myself use Firefox and only use IE in such "emergency" cases as this.
Just another plug about demographics. I use Safari on a Mac and I don't have Firefox or IE (not even available anymore for Mac). So can't take survey.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
damn noisy neighbors bother me the most followed by the idiots making noise in the hallway
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:16 pm

I hate when you order room service or concierge and they take an hour to run up a pillow or food when your in a not crowded hotel
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by N00dle
I hate when you order room service or concierge and they take an hour to run up a pillow or food when your in a not crowded hotel
How about the room service tabs that have an automatic 15% "service charge" AND a blank line for you to add the tip.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by N00dle
YES. On the same lines, I was at a Sheraton in Dallas that was going through a remodel about two years ago. I tried to get more blankets for THREE DAYS before they eventually brought them. The room was freezing (they "sent engineering to look at it", though not while I was in the room) and I would have appreciated those blankets before my last night, as I only got about 5 hours of sleep a night and somehow ended up on the pullout in a suite after I paid for the room....

Of course, when I started calling every 45 minutes until they brought them, I ended up with 3 blankets and 4 pillows (no, I didn't request the pillows).
Old Mar 26, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: United, Alaska
literature

first thing I do in a hotel room is gather up all the damn literature and put it a drawer so I can have some room to put my own things, thankyouverymuch.....MAJOR pet peeve!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478
I thought this subject sounded familiar.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:06 am

The poll didn't work in Firefox, Safari, or IE on my Mac. Your results will be skewed to the demographic that relies on IE and Windows.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
When the door to the room stops 2 inches above the floor so I get to hear all the 5am vacuuming/any other noise.

When I cant secure an early check in.

When I cant find a room with a mini fridge, If I'm gone for a week that fridge really comes in handy.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Mimo
The poll didn't work in Firefox, Safari, or IE on my Mac. Your results will be skewed to the demographic that relies on IE and Windows.
Windows is the dominant OS in the U.S. (over 90%) and every Windows computer has IE (unless it was removed) so the group you describe really does not comprise a single demographic.

I didn't know that the poll didn't work with IE on the Mac - what version were you using so I can report this?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Done. You may also want to re-order your choices periodically if there's no way to randomize the order for each respondent. Once people get beyond their top 5, they may not bother with the remaining items on the list, so their rank will be the order in which you placed them.

A few more items:

1. Not enough waste baskets.
2. Internet is free but it's so slow they offer to upsell you to faster, "premium" internet for a charge.
3. USAToday instead of the local paper.
4. The USAToday "negative option". You're getting it unless you tell us you don't want it, in which case we'll take 75 cents/day off your room rate.
5. Internet that requires a complicated sign-on every time you use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.