Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines reimbursement policy! A horror example

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
Or the simpler version than carting everything around in hand luggage, buy insurance.
Have insurance (see above) but I have big difficulties believing that any insurance company would cover a 2 week delay. Mine covered 3 days.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malsf1
I feel your pain and have suffered equal treatment by other airlines (non-U.S) as well. Since I have done a lot of foreign travel, I have purchased an annual insurance policy to cover such problems at a nominal cost. I was stuck in Rome without luggage but was able to purchase clothing and personal care items and was fully reimbursed. My suitcase eventually showed up after 10 days, just as I was getting ready to leave.

Also, out of curiousity, did you put a copy of your itinerary in your suitcase?
Ok, I have not heard of that before. Where did you get that type of insurance?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:10 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by frpe3324
It is widely available in most countries, even in Sweden. For example the travel insurance recommended by Lonely Planet, covering travel, medical including evacuation, legal assistance, accident as well as baggage delay, costs EUR 1250 in Sweden for 12 months coverage (unlimited travel during that time), or EUR 26 for 1 week. Lots of similar policies from dozens of companies (but buyer beware, there are lots of fine points): http://www.worldnomads.com/
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Originally Posted by frpe3324
Travelguard.com is one source. If you have an existing homeowner's policy, the insurer may have a plan you can tack on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.