Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Iberia Flight and return fares London to U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Hi Folks

Literally just registered to ask this question, so I hope someone can help.

For the last 2 months I have been searching the same flight daily, to see if the cost will come down. I am looking to fly from London to Seattle, then from Florida back to London. Flights with BA are £900 and usually flicker between £917 down to £880.

But todays search came up with flights for Iberia at £660! The exact same flights and times, and under the details of the flight is says "Operated By British Airways". So I did about of searching on the internet to see that Iberia is a partner company!

Does this mean that the flights I have found from this Iberia airline are still going to be the exact same plane as if I had booked the British Airways flight for £900???

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I've done a few searches and all the flights that used to be under BA are now showing as Iberia, but for a lot cheaper!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
When are you going? I just priced it with US Airways in March for £472.40

To be precise LGW-CLT-SEA with return FLL-CLT-LGW
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Hi

Flights I am looking to book are LON - SEA (15/07/2011) and return journey MCO - LON (03/09/2011)....

I usually tick the non stop flight option and the only people that do that journey non stop are BA, but today it came up with Iberia, with the flight times and airports exactly the same, just £240 cheaper!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is no reason for the prices not to be different. and if they have what was called "hard" code-shares, then there are two totally different pricing structures. around 5-7 years ago, i bought a pair of biz-first tickets on CO for under $1100 iad-lhr and return. they were for seats on virgin atlantic upper class(selling for over $2500, and maybe over 3000). the tickets came with all services except the limo ride. we used the "club house" which was not normally allowed for CO ticket holders.

on the return, there was a light snow. we sat at the gate for over 6 hrs awaiting our turn to be deiced.. we were not allowed off the plane. FA's poured champagne the whole time.

ua and lh code share, and the prices are never the same.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, this is what's called a code share. BA sells a certain number of seats on its plane to Iberia for Iberia to sell as its own. It's kind of moot, though, because BA just bought Iberia.

I just checked those dates and airports, and the cheapest I can find is US Airways for $1149. If you see that Iberia for £660, grab it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.