Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel chains offer "everything washed" bed linens

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:24 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If I felt that strongly about cleanliness I wouldn't ever stay in a hotel. You wouldn't believe what can be found lurking in a mattress or carpet.
Yes, and what about about touching the interior of an airplane, train, bus, taxi, or rental car?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by slawecki
some of the chains wash the bedclothes in lye soap. others use something strong.

i carry my own pillowcase, full cover night clothes and socks. i am not a neatnesss freak or a cleanlyness freek, but a rasher. those high energy detergents cause bad rashes on my bod. i can handle germs, but not the modern miricals of proctor and gamble.
Cleaning products also bother me - more than the 'dirt'. Several years back I woke up flaming red from head to toe and itching and burning so bad I wanted to rip my skin off. And this was at HOME! I had developed a reaction to Bounce dryer sheets after years of using them. Haven't used one since of course (and now use as "pure" a detergent as I can find, too) but I do have a fear that the hotel linens could prompt the same reaction someday. For someone who always sleeps sans clothing, it can be a bit daunting.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bunnyt
Cleaning products also bother me - more than the 'dirt'. Several years back I woke up flaming red from head to toe and itching and burning so bad I wanted to rip my skin off. And this was at HOME! I had developed a reaction to Bounce dryer sheets after years of using them. Haven't used one since of course (and now use as "pure" a detergent as I can find, too) but I do have a fear that the hotel linens could prompt the same reaction someday. For someone who always sleeps sans clothing, it can be a bit daunting.
i frequently carry a sleeping bag insert. flannel in winter, silk in summer.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by bunnyt
Cleaning product formulas can get changed -- that's possibly what happened to you. I'm certainly a creature of habit, uninterested in keeping up with the latest cleaning products (I do have a life), but I've had to change laundry detergents several times over the years for just that reason. Developing a sensitivity is equally possible.

There's another thread about the gross germs to be found in hotel rooms. Many people bring sanitary wipes to treat critical surfaces, like the remote control. And NEVER use the coffee maker or drinking glasses.
Loren Pechtel likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I'm just curious which hotel chains offer "everything washed" bed linens in every property. My wife and I love Hilton properties because we know we will never have to sleep under a nasty unwashed bedspread...................
I never heard that about the Hilton hotel family. You gotta hilton.com link?

MisterNice
Griffnmill likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Cleaning product formulas can get changed -- that's possibly what happened to you. I'm certainly a creature of habit, uninterested in keeping up with the latest cleaning products (I do have a life), but I've had to change laundry detergents several times over the years for just that reason. Developing a sensitivity is equally possible.

There's another thread about the gross germs to be found in hotel rooms. Many people bring sanitary wipes to treat critical surfaces, like the remote control. And NEVER use the coffee maker or drinking glasses.
If you are worried about the remote control, just put it inside the new plastic bag that they give you for the ice container. Then just tie it closed and you've got a clean remote control.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by 4Health
If you are worried about the remote control, just put it inside the new plastic bag that they give you for the ice container. Then just tie it closed and you've got a clean remote control.
My dermatologist uncle turned me on to that trick. The plastic bag that sometimes encases your morning newspaper is also useful. Or baggies from home of course. He also recommends putting baggies on the doorknobs and faucets.

(I'm sure a bunch of you are now rolling your eyes so much you've made yourselves dizzy. )
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by 4Health
Be sure to turn the bag inside-out first, so you don't get ice bucket cooties.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by MisterNice
I never heard that about the Hilton hotel family. You gotta hilton.com link?
I cannot find the link now, but HamptonInsider posted a Facebook link a few months back that led to a special Hapton Inn site all about changing everything on the bed for each new guest.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
I've been doing just fine with hotel rooms, but now that I know that people are deliberately rubbing their armpits on the comforters ...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Be sure to turn the bag inside-out first, so you don't get ice bucket cooties.
Seriously, ice bucket cooties are the worst

You definitely don't want these suckers crawling around on you!!!

Last edited by 4Health; Sep 3, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Rampo
I've been doing just fine with hotel rooms, but now that I know that people are deliberately rubbing their armpits on the comforters ...
The horror. The horror.

Originally Posted by tommyleo
+1. It's amazing what people in privileged societies concoct in order to give themselves something to be concerned about.
Well put.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:01 pm

I know for a fact that all Hampton Inns wash all the bedding, including the comforter

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I'm just curious which hotel chains offer "everything washed" bed linens in every property. My wife and I love Hilton properties because we know we will never have to sleep under a nasty unwashed bedspread.

Sometimes I will decide to stay in some cut-rate place and end up having trouble sleeping just because I can't stand for the unwashed bed linens to touch me. (When traveling by car, I sometimes take my own duvet so that I can strip the bed to the sheets at a cheaper hotel and just use the duvet).

So which hotels offer their customers clean beds with NO unwashed bedspreads.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Bumping a 10 year old thread is considered very poor form.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.