Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

First-class cabin in movie 'Inception'

First-class cabin in movie 'Inception'

Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer
The second the cabin seats were displayed i practically screamed to my girlfriend that there's no way that was an F cabin. The wider shot showing the convergence of the fuselage to the nose and the little table in the middle of the cabin confused me somewhat.

Whilst the airline may have been nondescript in the movie, the FAs accent was unmistakably Australia- in fact, it was 'hollywood australian,' in that it sounds nothing like what we actually do, but is easily recognisable as Australian.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
I've trying to figure out it too.
My first reaction during the movie was: it's impossible that is a 1st class.

One thing i am quite sure: it's the nose of a 747.

After finding a picture from the movie (here: http://mubi.com/notebook/posts/206), I think that the wall are very similar to the ones from 1st suite on A380 (same piece for a/c) but the seats are not the same (different color).

I don't think it's NZ Business Premier.

B/E Aerospace is making the First suite for QA, maybe it's just this product, a little bit change (no control center, no woods...)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
The exterior shots of the plane was a CX 744, I posted this on the CX forum. You could clearly see the SWIRE logo on the back of the bird. I would say the seats were made by the props department for the film and that the inside of that 747 was either filmed on stand somewhere (perhaps HKIA?) or in a soundstage/airline training facility.

Last edited by tony2x; Aug 10, 2010 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by justforfun
Definitely fictional. The seats are facing towards the interior, whereas in any F they're pointing towards the windows.
So I guess the new UA F is not any F.

Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by afterDawn
The second the cabin seats were displayed i practically screamed to my girlfriend that there's no way that was an F cabin. The wider shot showing the convergence of the fuselage to the nose and the little table in the middle of the cabin confused me somewhat.

Whilst the airline may have been nondescript in the movie, the FAs accent was unmistakably Australia- in fact, it was 'hollywood australian,' in that it sounds nothing like what we actually do, but is easily recognisable as Australian.

Calm down, its just a movie.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seriously? accuracy in movies?

interesting the exterior shots were actual CX metal.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Originally Posted by afterDawn
The second the cabin seats were displayed i practically screamed to my girlfriend that there's no way that was an F cabin. .
I bet you are great to sit near in the cinema........what did you girlfriend do when you practically screamed to her?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by divingdancer
I bet you are great to sit near in the cinema........what did you girlfriend do when you practically screamed to her?
I was thinking the same but since the post was from 3 aug. maybe he´s already forgotten... though I doubt that his girlfriend has
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:49 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by justforfun
Definitely fictional. The seats are facing towards the interior, whereas in any F they're pointing towards the windows. This was clearly for better shots.
Heaven forbid an F-class seat not facing the skies. The Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services need an immediate change in management, as their F class is pointing parallel to the fuselage, or, can you believe this, perhaps a few degrees away from the windows.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:28 am
Suspended

I will prefer business class because business class is provide comfort feel comparison to other class.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Deltalimos
I will prefer business class because business class is provide comfort feel comparison to other class.
Um, care to elaborate?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:47 pm

Nah its not the cabin is a bombraider my uncle was flying it

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
In the recently released movie 'Inception' with Leonardo DiCaprio, there is a scene (or several) in the first class cabin located in the nose of a 747. Wondering if anybody knows what airline, if any? The decor was very modern and sleek, also Swiss. But it could have passed for a business class cabin, however.

It was interesting to note why they choose to fly first class and DiCaprio's character explains it quite well: pilot is on the upper deck, the first class is located in the nose where no one walks through, and has few seats, so their traveling party will not be disturbed. I won't spoil it for everyone why they do not want to be disturbed! But rarely do the script writers get such details right. And most "first" class cabins seems business class cabins from the 1990s in many movies.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: MP
Of course, there's also a chance that the reason it's not accurate because Leo has been in a dream all along
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
Originally Posted by chasgoose
Given that the airline doesn't come off so well in the film (at least in terms of passenger safety and security) I wonder if the initial plan was to make it product placement but then when QANTAS saw the finished product they demanded that their name and references to the A380 be removed.
I'm glad that's the case. It would've ruined the immersion.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: UA, HA
Follow-up question: are there any feature films set in a 747 nose, which were actually shot on a real jet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.