Wiki Posts
Search

US Passport - Lost - Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
US Passport - Lost - Question

My sister just realized that her passport was misplaced or lost at some point in the past year. She is not traveling anywhere she will need it until this summer so has plenty of time to replace it.

Questions: She had 4 more years on it. If she replaces it now, will they give her just 4 years? or 10? Her major concern: Will they do new pictures or use the one "on file" She is one of the few people I know who actually liked her passport photo.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: United
I just went through this with my wife. Her new one was a completly new passport with new picture.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
She will be crushed... LOL

Did your wife get 10 years or the remainder of what was on the original?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
She will be crushed... LOL

Did your wife get 10 years or the remainder of what was on the original?
I'm fairly sure she got 10 years.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:17 pm

Brand new passport with brand new pics (which, of course, she will need to have taken) and a brand new term. My wife's replacement was marked as a replacement for a lost passport.

Processing time seems pretty quick -- we just did a renewal.

After the replacement arrives, she will probably find the old one.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Her major concern: Will they do new pictures or use the one "on file" She is one of the few people I know who actually liked her passport photo.
Yeah--my wife didn't like the most recent renewal. Her old passport had a pretty good picture of her. Her current one is like typical ID pictures--ugly (not for her, though--she usually photographs well even for ID.) How do they manage to take the reasonable-looking photo she sent in and make an ugly passport picture with it????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.