Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How do you keep your toothbrush while traveling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you keep your toothbrush while traveling?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Question How do you keep your toothbrush while traveling?

I have a cheap electric toothbrush with a detachable head. I don't want the part of the toothbrush I put in my mouth brushing against other toiletry products, so I often put the head in a little plastic bag and the whole thing in my toiletry case. But the moist little plastic bag is a great place for microorganisms to grow and it's usually gross after a couple of days. Any other ideas?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
I have a normal non-electric toothbrush and I just throw it in the toiletry bag as it is, with everything else. I'm not particularly fussy about the chances of it touching the outside of a deodorant can while it's in there.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My electric toothbrush has a plastic cap. I use that. I wash the cap in the dishwasher when I happen to remember to throw it in there.

You can buy toothbrush head cases in most drugstores (look in the travel size toiletry section). Some of them will work for some electrics--the ones that snap open/closed will be most likely to work.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN P+, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Sonicare

When I'm travelling on business, I use the little clear plastic brush cover. When I travel with Mrs. FlyforSAP, I use the carrying case because I need two brushes then.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:06 am

I second looking for a small plastic case. Recently I've started traveling with my Sonicare. It has a little hard plastic cover for the brush head and the whole thing goes into a soft case that fits in my toiletry bag.

It takes up a bit more space than my old toothbrush but I think it's worth it.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I use a regular toothbrush, and have a generic plastic cover that goes over the head, and has vent holes so it can dry.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:51 pm

I have a plastic 2-piece tube with vent holes that encloses the entire toothbrush.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT SPG GOLD
Stick 'em in a plastic baggie. Let them air out at destination.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I just throw it in my travel bag and rinse it off upon arrival. But then I'm not particularly germ phobic.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i use an electric toothbrush at home but don't want to bother schlepping it with me when i travel so i use a simple and "coverable" travel toothbrush from walgreen's.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal..._sku=sku301783
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i never bring one. after all, i'm never gone for more than two weeks.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: FOTSG
Originally Posted by coastdk
I have a normal non-electric toothbrush and I just throw it in the toiletry bag as it is, with everything else. I'm not particularly fussy about the chances of it touching the outside of a deodorant can while it's in there.
Originally Posted by milepig
I just throw it in my travel bag and rinse it off upon arrival. But then I'm not particularly germ phobic.
Same here. Every once in a while I'll rinse it in boiling water. No idea whether it actually does anything or not, but I'll just pretend it does (ignorance is bliss :P).
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I have a hard plastic case with ventilation holes for my non-electric toothbrush. I'm not particularly germ-phobic, but after a while those buggers smell.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:45 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Toothbrush? What toothbrush? Ohh, the one I generally forget to pack and have to purchase new when I get to my destination after wearing out the cheapie from the airline amenity kit.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Usually carry a travel brush with vented cover(to dry out), plus a new brush in it's original packaging(Only costs a couple of dollars)
Also , check out a new product from Colgate..Wisp.....it is a mini brush. with a freshing bead...no water required, which you can use on the plane at your connecting airport on those overnight flights...perfect....really refreshing. Bought a few at Walmart(US) to throw in the carry-on. No issues with TSA/CATSA gels rule etc..... Great new product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.