Wiki Posts
Search

First Class behavior stories - share!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Early in the cell phone days, some jackass was talking on the phone...really, really, really, loud... not only that, but we was talking about his various houses and how he was making millions off of one deal, how he was sitting in first class etc, etc....lots of cursing too...

I had had a long week and a few cocktails.... I grabbed my cell phone...put it to my ear and yelled at the top of my lungs " I am very important!!!! I am in first class!!!! All on here must bow before me!!!!" I mean I screamed it.... the plane grew eerily quiet.... the people boarding stopped in their tracks.... it was an Md88... the guy kinda turns around, stands up and asks me if I have a problem.... I stand up.... my head touches the ceiling in a MD88... I have a foot and 100 lbs on this guy...not that I was gonna fight him.... I say " Yessir, I do not care about you.... I am not impressed with you... and I damn sure do not care to hear your phone conversation..." Then, everyone in first class starts clapping.... it was an epic moment in aviation history... i am glad to have been a part of it...
OMG you just made my day. Thank you! ^^^
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Nick C

There was this lady in some flashy work clothes, LV bag, some branded laptop case and the blackberry sitting across the aisle. Seems like a regular business traveller with all the bling. However, some oddities stood out, she took a while to fold the seat a bed (guess she didn't know where the release catch was) plus she didn't seem very happy when the stewardess gently woke her up for breakfast and offered her the hot wet towel. (If one doesn't want to be woken up for brekkie or slightly later, all they have to do is inform the crew and they will make a note of it) Then when the announcement was made for preparations for landing. The cat was let out of the bag. This lady came to me and asked "How do I fold the bed back to a chair?"
Maybe she doesn't normally travel on SQ. I travel in J a lot but I wouldn't have a clue how to turn the SQ J seat into a bed and vice versa because I haven't flown on SQ for many years.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: AA PLT
Photograph it

At Skysteward we are inviting everyone to send in photos of bad behavior on planes. If you see a Jetiquette® faux pas snap a pic and send it in.

We are giving away a Priority Pass airline club membership.
Details: http://bit.ly/8gJ3Wn

~Margery
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: confidential
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Actually, I do have the right to ask you to close the window shade. But you also have the right not to close it.
with all due respect to your comments(which i'm not sure if your posting as a moderator or personal), i have been told by parents and aunts that we must know our place in placing such requests.

I'm not sure if i'm comfortable placing someone else in an awkward position by even asking, for the window shade to be pulled when im not in the window seats, in the first place. Its the same as asking someone else not to recline.

I'm sure you can argue that everyone has every right to ask and try to push the request but......
Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by Nick C
There was this lady in some flashy work clothes, LV bag, some branded laptop case and the blackberry sitting across the aisle. Seems like a regular business traveller with all the bling...
I can't see anything that suggests she was pretending to be a frequent flyer - that was simply an assumption you had made. Being a frequent flyer is not something that many normal people aspire to, and not being one is no stigma.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by njxbean
Now, here is a question i have always had. WHat about that 2nd window that is usually between the 1st and 2nd row of many planes. If your in the 1st row and you lean back, the window is by you. However, if you do not lean back, the window is in the 2nd row. whose responsibility is that window?
Good question. That really depends if the seat recline far enough to the second seat. Usually if it does, then you get to control the 2nd window only when you recline.

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Actually, I do have the right to ask you to close the window shade. But you also have the right not to close it.
Of course you do, but generally if I don't sit by the window, I wouldn't even request the window to be shut or open. I truly believe the person who sit by the window can do whatever they like, or they wouldn't choose to sit by the window in the first place.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
Many years ago flying SFO-CVG with 2B seat assignment. Started to board and the FA advised me to go back to the podium. GA says, "You're suppose to be on board 10 minutes before departure." I ask, what time is showing on your screen? GA replies with the time which is 10 minutes plus prior to departrure. End of discussion and GA advises FA to let me board.

A few minutes later a well-known TV personality boarded and was seated in 1A but was very unhappy and made sure everyone around him knew it. I was tempted to offer to trade seats with him but his rudeness to others caused me to hesitate and I decided that he was acting like a petulant child and could darn well stay where he was. He spent the entire flight doing everything he could to show how unhappy he was.

Since that day I have rarely watched the Sunday evening broadcast on which he still appears.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG

Of course you do, but generally if I don't sit by the window, I wouldn't even request the window to be shut or open. I truly believe the person who sit by the window can do whatever they like, or they wouldn't choose to sit by the window in the first place.
I was just answering the question.

I have been on many flights that there was one person who kept the window open (always across form me, btw ) and the glare/light made my sleeping (or attempt thereto) almost impossible. I NO instance did I ever ask said person(s) to lower the shade. They have the window, they control it.

I was in paid F on ORD-HKG in 1A. The pax in 1K (right across from me) had his window up the entire 14+ hours. When he would nod off, the FA's would come over and shut it. He immediately woke up as they did this and put the shade back up. I saw this happen at least three times.

I for one don't like eye shades, so I don't wear them. That's MY problem.

But I do have the right to ask (if I wanted to).
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by patom
A few minutes later a well-known TV personality boarded and was seated in 1A but was very unhappy and made sure everyone around him knew it. I was tempted to offer to trade seats with him but his rudeness to others caused me to hesitate and I decided that he was acting like a petulant child and could darn well stay where he was. He spent the entire flight doing everything he could to show how unhappy he was.

Since that day I have rarely watched the Sunday evening broadcast on which he still appears.
Did ya ever notice how annoying some celebrities can be...?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by eeb100k
until then you're obligated to be considerate and thoughtful to the other pax. Be a mensch not a putz.
If you are so considerate, next time if you sit in Y, I will see if the person behind ask you not to recline, would you be considerate and not to, even on a 15 hours flight.

Saying you will do it is different than you actually do it.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:40 am

How 'bout this: "The light from your window makes it difficult to view the screen. Would you mind pulling the shade halfway down to help make viewing easier?"

It doesn't have to be all or nothing! Compromise, people!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ONLY_no_One
with all due respect to your comments(which i'm not sure if your posting as a moderator or personal),
, really

I am not a Moderator of this forum; thus, I am not responding as a Mod, just as a regular member of FT.

When you do see me replying as a Mod in the forums which I moderate, it will be designated as such.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:26 am
Suspended

I have been guilty of immature behavior myself, but only in response to someone acting beyond the pale.

A few months back I was in 2B on a USAirways 319..I was last on after having a tight connection jogging through the terminal. I get on, and 2A, a trophy wife looking woman was in 2B. She poached it..

Now, if she had asked, I would have switched with her but she had poached the seat, and my rule is simple...if you poach without asking, you get out of my seat. Period. She had the gall to say to me "You snooze, you lose" so I got the FA who took my side on the issue (I prefer aisle to window, and I bought that seat, full fare) and the woman made a big deal out of it, .....ing about me being an anal retentive a**hole.

Needless to say, for the rest of the flight she made a point to get up every 20 minutes and force me to let her out...everyone in F was rolling thier eyes although I think they found it amusing. The FA gave me sympathetic looks..and then things got nasty when it was drink time again and the woman demanded "a hot arnold palmer"..when the FA told her they did not make the Arnold Palmer anymore and only have coffee or tea hot, the woman cut her off and said "You guys have made it for me lots of times..just make one already". Wow..that was abuse. The FA actually did go and hot up some water and make her the drink, and later the woman demanded ANOTHER one, and then rang her call button to demand ice water. After all those drinks her trips to the lav got even more frequent.

That was about it for me..when she asked for the 6th time for me to get up I did..and while she was gone, I fished 3 ice cubes out of her ice water and 2 out of my vodka tonic and put them in her (Yves St Laurent) purse which was on her seat!! Never got to see her notice it, but I am sure she noticed the dampness at some point after the flight.

It was amazingly satisfying, and her subsequent trips to the lav and bin didn't bother me at all after that.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by Critic
Did ya ever notice how annoying some celebrities can be...?
When I was growing up, we had respect for celebrities.....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, US CP
Originally Posted by natas43
On the 4:15pm PHL>DTW last Sunday (1.17) an older gentleman in either 2C or 3C (I forget what row I was in) had his Kindle on during takeoff, and had it on again during our approach. When the FA asked him to turn it off, he went on a ramble dissertation that it is not a computer and that he has flown to Beijing and Tokyo on Delta and has NEVER been asked to turn it off. This went on for 5 minutes and involved a second FA. He finally relented...until the FAs took their seats. Then he powered it back on.
Admittedly, for the longest time, I didn't know how to turn my Kindle off. I just assumed you could only have it in reading mode or in sleep mode. I am pretty technologically illiterate though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.