Things that annoy me when I travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things that annoy me when I travel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by pinworm
And that CNN station specifically tailored to airports...ugh.
When I am made King, the CNN Airport Channel will be banned.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
I also hate sitting in my aisle seat as people board and their bags continually smack into me even though I'm careful not to be in the aisle at all. Take your bags off your shoulders, people!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
I also hate sitting in my aisle seat as people board and their bags continually smack into me even though I'm careful not to be in the aisle at all. Take your bags off your shoulders, people!
And the retards that wheel, bang against seat, wheel, bang against next seat (repeat until at assigned seat) all the way down the aisle. Makes me laugh though.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold Medallion, Hyatt - Diamond
Things that annoy me....

How about those group 6 people who pretend not to speak english and try to board with the elite group?? And then, how about the gate agents that let them get by with it just because they don't want to say 'no'?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by AAirhead
How about those group 6 people who pretend not to speak english and try to board with the elite group?? And then, how about the gate agents that let them get by with it just because they don't want to say 'no'?
That only works if you don't look American.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:14 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
it also works if you speak english with a hard accent like eastern europe style.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
* Checkin agents who put your baggage sticker at the back of your BP.
* Airports who don't announce which baggage carousel your bags will arrive on until you have been standing in the baggage hall for 10 minutes staring at the screen together with the rest of the pax (Yes I mean you ARN!).
Old Jun 12, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
People who line up in Priority or Breezeway when they are general passengers.

People who carry their dogs with them and do not keep them confined to their seat.

A lady who says "That is my spot, I was putting my bag there!" Not anymore!!!

People who take their yapping dogs on trips with them and leave them in the room barking and barking and barking, while they are out having a good time. If you don't want your dogs with you, we don't want them with us!

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 20, 2010 at 10:12 pm Reason: Merge posts by same member.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
The solution is to board last. Simples.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr H
The solution is to board last. Simples.
The problem with this is that you may just end up with no overhead compartment space left.

If your bag doesn't fit under the seat in front of you, you are royally screwed.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Consolidated Rental Facilities in annoying to access locations (DFW, BWI, PHX etc.) and the higher fees comsumers pay to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.